Riverside High School 2

Posted August 20, 2014
New to SC, new to Greer, new to Greenville county, relocated from a very diverse Atlanta, GA. First two days of school for a sophomore and senior. Faculty and staff have been very informative and helpful. Students, well, it's High School, but....diverse it's not and it shows. Our children are coming from Gifted/High Achiever Programs. Oh, and our children are White, just not the mainstream, they are artistic, creative, musically inclined, don't play golf or lacrosse, look different than most. I fully realize it's very early, but to a teenager, it's now and forever. I'll post again related to what they take away, education, preparation for college. Very concerned about my choice to relocate our family..

Posted July 30, 2012
We are moving back home from GA just so that our boys can graduate from RHS! As parents we love the school, teachers and staff. Our sons love the school just as much if not more.

Posted March 24, 2011
Very competitive school; the YIG program and speech and debate is great and the teachers are academically challenging; overall, it is a great school.

Riverside High School 4

Posted February 16, 2011
Riverside High School is VERY difficult! It is by far the most difficult school in the county. Most of the teachers are very good at what they do. They all have different teaching styles, but for the most part they are all well above the average teacher. This school has a reputation of being such a great school. I dont know how to define great but its forsure a totally academic driven style school, "Work first, play later", should be our school motto.

Posted December 20, 2010
We had hoped to find an equivalent school outside the Riverside district, because it is closed to students asking special admission from outside it's attendance area. People get a lot more for their houses within the district, simply because of the schools, and we could have found a dream home for half the price. Our daughter attended Riverside while we lived locally and looked for permanent digs. She came from a very progressive IB school and refuses to consider any alternatives here in the Greenville area. As a serious academic, I have to trust her judgment. All my interactions with the staff have been positive and there is a genuine sense of compassion for kids with issues. This is the school you want your kid in if they are a serious student, otherwise, one of the other schools will suffice. Eastside has leadership issues. If these were addressed, the school would no doubt be on par with Riverside.

Posted November 16, 2009

Posted October 17, 2009
We are new to the area/state this year. I had much hesitation when I knew we were moving to SC because their schools have such a bad reputation. I have to say that we are pleasantly suprised! We are very pleased with Riverside schools - both elementary and the high school. Great teachers, touch curriculum, lots of activities and sports for the kids to participate in, great kids, great, involved families. Very happy with this school system.

Posted February 25, 2009
its a great school....#1!!! great teachers and students.. best in south carolina... believe me...couse i go there =)

Posted August 24, 2008

Posted August 15, 2008

Riverside High School
794 Hammett Bridge Rd, Greer, SC  29650
Last modified Riverside High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.