Hilton Head Island, SC

Posted May 04, 2014
The School challenges students to excel in every matter. My son is in Kindergarten and He is already reading at the First Grade Level. I am very happy with the quality of education teachers provide and the sense of family towards the child.

Posted March 09, 2012
Hilton Head Preparatory is the best possible fit for my daughter and I believe this would be true for most students. What I think is the most important is the sense of family or inclusion. It is a relatively small school and that is the strength of the experience. My daughter has attended an excellent highly rated school prior to Prep, but since we moved here, she has easily embraced the new experience. She "loves it" her words and although she misses her former school, she has settled right into Prep seemlessly.

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted February 20, 2009

Posted August 25, 2008
The Athletics and Arts at PREP are strongly supported by the parents, as is the fundraising. Thats what makes a well rounded school and this faculty know they are all appreciated. I am delighted with all of my childrens math & science teachers so far. As well as math, science & english my lower school children study spanish, computer, strings, piano and singing, as well as passing Presidential fitness awards, cheerleading and participating in extraordinary Arts productions. The great guidance/health team offer these small children big buddies & mentors as well as an environmentally conscience campus and a new progressive approach to discipline. A well-rounded, happy child is what I require from a great school and thats what you can acheive at PREP by embracing the program and supporting the school.

Hilton Head Preparatory School 4

Posted August 22, 2008
I've had three children graduate from HHPrep and am very pleased with the preparation and opportunity that resulted from their 12yrs there. After Prep, my children have attended Dartmouth College, Loyola University and UPenn Law School. I am confident that the combination of quality teaching, college prep curriculum, faculty support and extra-curricular opportunities encouraged them to pursue higher goals and has contributed to the success they each are beginning to experience. Prep can be a special place for each child, whether scholastic, athletic, artistic, technical or 'undetermined'. The faculty, staff and administration are mindful to do what they can to prepare the child for college and ultimately for life. I highly recommend the Prep experience to parents and students.

Posted August 22, 2008
I have three children at Hilton Head Prep and have experienced the educational and developmental benefits at all three levels - lower middle and upper schools. I came from a large highly rated independent school in the northeast and have been 100% satisfied with our experience at Prep. My children have excelled academically, have been loved and cared for by a very special group of teachers and have been given the opportunity to participate in a huge number of available activities. My children are very different and Prep meets all of their needs. I have also enjoyed the close community feeling that encompasses the whole school from the faculty, to the students, to the parents. I highly recommend this school.

Hilton Head Preparatory School 2

Posted April 03, 2008
I am a upper school parent and I can tell you that the academics are very old and dull. Many parents are complaining that kids are not being challenged. Yes they have great ARTS and it is all you hear about. They focus more on the ARTS then anything else, except sports. The school recently wasted nearly $100,000 on a drama production but, like someone else here said, science takes a backseat. SAT scores are low and most of the kids graduate and go to Univ of South Carolina Beaufort so those with kids in the Upper School are not impressed. We have one year left at Prep and I am worried because the headmaster and many others are leaving or have been fired.

Hilton Head Preparatory School
8 Foxgrape Road, Hilton Head Island, SC  29928
Last modified Hilton Head Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Hilton Head Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top