Hilton Head Island, SC

Posted January 19, 2013
We couldn't be happier with Hilton Head International Bac. This is one of the few elementary schools that offers challenging immersion courses in both Chinese and Spanish. More importantly, they focus on teaching children to accept new cultures and ideas. Our daughter was allowed to start a difficult Chinese immersion class mid-year and was given a warm welcome despite being the new kid from a European country who spoke a foreign language. She was greeted with enthusiasm and curiousity. The teachers are excellent, the principal and school staff are well organized and do a great job keeping parents informed and involved. I've read a couple of reviews from other parents who like to refer to their children as "gifted" or in the top "%" who seem to have unrealistic expectations of special treatment for their kids. Hilton Head IB provides quality education to all of it's students. If you want a well balanced child who develops excellent communication skills and a broader understanding for how the world works I would strongly recommend Hilton Head International Bac. If you want to obsess over your child getting special treatment maybe you should have them pampered in a private school.

Posted August 09, 2012
My fourth child is going into her 5th year at this wonderful school. My three older children, two in college and one in high school are also alums of this ib elementary school. My oldest, in fact, was in the first class of ib students when the ib program initially came to Hilton Head. All four of my children have been identified at "gifted" in both math and reading. I am a huge fan if the IB philosophy. Inquiry based learning works for my children. The classes consist of mixed levels of students with the gt students pulled out for math and reading from 3rd to 5th grade per state mandate. The fact that the gt didn't start until 3rd grade was a bit of a disservice to my daughter who is currently enriolled because the work came very easy to her in first and second grade so when she was more challenged in 3rd it was a bit of an adjustment. The teachers at this school are wonderful and the leadership is quite responsive. I wish there were better answers to the discipline problems that always exist in public schools but this school does an okay job in dealing with them. Parent involvement has declined due to the economy. The art instruction at this school is amazing.

Posted February 22, 2012
we started this school last year after coming from an International Baccalaureate private school in Atlanta. I was seriously worried about starting public school in SC and keeping the same level of academics up that we had experienced. I met with the principal and thought she was extremely smart and well connected to the school and also teh individual needs of students. My son as excelled amazingly coming in the 99th percentile nationwide in scoring. The teachers help focus on giving more challenges to kids who need it, and they have also allowed my son to sit in with a higher grade level for his language arts. There is no way our previous expensive private school would have allowed this much flexibility. I am blown away by this school , its teachers and also how responsive the teachers are to email and any concerns.

Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School 1

Posted October 11, 2011
well my experience has been very bad with hilton head IB...i move from california about five months ago where i did have a nice experience with my kids elementary school. When we visit HHIB i was very happy with all the programs they have and the teachers..but when school started everything has been very different..my kids have been bully and also hit by other students...blame of been bad kids when back in california they never got in any trouble or fights.My kids have told me the also the bus service is not good...i know this is not controled by the school...i just want it to mention what my kids have been trough..bus drivers scream at them..they don't care if kids are in a fight...i just feel so terrible about how my kids feel in this new school...they have also experience bad situation in the school cafeteria with the attendants.I wish i can go back to California.

Posted December 14, 2010
As a parent of two elementary students at Hilton Head Island Elementary- IB I have been very pleased with mine and my children's experiences. This is our third year in this school and the staff has been extraordinary with showing how much they care about children and their families. I cannot imagine my children going anywhere else because they thrive at this school!

Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
Fabulous school! My children are recieving a challenging curriculum in a welcoming environment. The teachers are very dedicated and willing to go the extra mile.

Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School 3

Posted April 22, 2009

Posted September 15, 2008
My children have been in every grade at HHI IB Elementary School from first to fifth. The Principal is passionate about every child and believes in giving 110% every day to the school. She is supported by amazing teachers, a phenomenal staff and a truly incredible Superintendent. Our new Superintendent has worked tirelessly since her first day to make the necessary changes to ensure our district is the best it can be. Like anywhere in the United States there is diversity and challenges that come with students with such varied socio economic and ethnic backgrounds. Every public school on HHI works together and offers more resources, more qualified teachers and more technology than any other learning institution on the island. The success of any school depends on the partnership between school and home. There needs to be a commitment from home to support the child s school and contribute to its excellence.

Posted September 12, 2008
Hilton Head International Baccalaureate Elementary continues to shine above all schools (Private and Public) in Hilton Head. Led by a dedicated teacher and faculty department, the school continues to demonstrate superior results and successful students. I applaud them for not catering to the special interest groups or parents attempting to manipulate the classroom.

Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School 1

Posted June 28, 2008

Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School
30 School Rd, Hilton Head Island, SC  29926
Last modified Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top