Posted May 23, 2013
My child attended this school and he was getting in trouble and I wasnt notified by the teacher until months are weeks later after the situation happen, Then he was blame for things thay nobody could prove but would pull him out of class and not the other person I honestly believe that my son was being picked on a target in his class, my son begged me to not send him back to that school and he is only 7 he should love n enjoy also feel comfortable at school...The staff is not thay bad but they are not very concerning to my child needs I would tell all people if you drive ill have my childern go to another school

Horrell Hill Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2013
This is good school as a parent just stay involved with the events and be supportive! As a parent i notice other parents dropping and picking children up coming in the wrong directions as a parent we also need to follow the rules! We need to be mindful the school is growing because new homes are on every street but coming together as a community so we can talk with the superintendent about coming up with better parking at the school and the safety for our children. I believe that all schools doors should stay locked.I feel that the principal do care about students and parents my child is A second grader and any concerns we had it was addressed in a timely manner.We are zone for Horrell Hill so we got to do our part to make it work.

Posted January 05, 2012
i agree this school and the staff are horrible! You can't blame the parents nor the children with how grades come out when in reality they aren't learning much in the class room. The staff at this school have bad attitudes i have seen them yelling and pulling at children if these were my children believe me i would be in jail no one has the right to treat children the way these so called teachers do. Also the coach at this school is like 400 pounds are you serious if your going to be a PE teacher shouldn't it require you to be fit???? So confused why my children went to this school they started private school after the break i refused to let them go to a place like this again..mother of a 2ndand 3rd grader

Horrell Hill Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2011
My son's 2nd grade teacher some training in etiquette as far dealing with a parent is concern on an Open House.I was embarrassed in front of other parents. I hope I'm not the one to let loose. You just do that to any parent like that.

Posted June 24, 2011
I went to this school for k-5 I HATED IT!!!!my sister didn't learn about the civil war until we changed schools and one kid named Jamal Walker had it out for me. Also i didn't learn how to divide until 5th grade. The lunches were very bad, an example would be a got an undercooked hot dog from the lunch ladies and they didn't even care until i came back to get a new one. All in all it was a horrible school. The kids have no respect for the teachers in some classes. The only place the was peaceful was the library

Posted May 03, 2011
How low can you go? That may be a fun song and dance to many out there, but it is an awful realization to those who must deal with the monotonous lies from this school. The bottom has no end here. My child has been in and out of in-school suspension and not once have I or any member of my family been called. We found out from our neighbor. How can we resolve something that we do not know exists?

Posted May 03, 2011
This school is run like a farm. They do everything donkey backwards and those are the results they get. I drove by during recess time to check on my child and the whole playground was filled with fighting kids and some rolling down a hill. I wanted to scream "who came to learn today?'. It looked like a prison compound during lunchtime.

Posted July 23, 2010
Principal, Vice-Principal, and most teachers do not listen to the children or parent's concerns. The teachers are dealing with crude and unruly children on a daily basis and have little tolerance for even a honest question from a student. It is sad that my oldest son comes home frustrated because "it is impossible to learn in that place". For the most part, parents are not involved with their children's education in this school. It is evident that the apple did not fall far from the tree when meeting the parents of these unruly children. I have lost all faith and confidence in the public school system and will be home schooling my children until I can find them a school where they can actualy learn.

Posted March 25, 2010
Horrell Hill has been a major disappointment to my child the last two years. The principal does not get back to parents in a timely manner, my child talks about fights daily. Ehen I talked to his teacher she seemed timid about voicing concerns as if a backlash would ensue. Needless to say, this will be my child's last year at Horrell Hill Elementary!!

Posted March 25, 2010

Horrell Hill Elementary School
517 Horrell Hill Rd, Hopkins, SC  29061
Last modified Horrell Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horrell Hill Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.