Irmo, SC

Ballentine Elementary School 3

Posted October 21, 2014
Ballentine is an adequate school for children without an IEP. Study guide after study guide are sent home in the upper grades, so what exactly are the teachers doing? When did teaching become study guides?

Posted September 20, 2011
This is a national blue ribbon school and there is just none better. The teacher email you multiple times weekly, the social things are just right for the age groups, the teachers care, the parents participate. You will be lucky to find a house in this school area.

Posted September 24, 2010
I MOVED FROM PENNSYLVANIA AND LOOKED AT MANY SCHOOLS IN THE AREA AND BALLENTINE WAS BY FAR THE BEST THERE ARE SO MANY GREAT TEACHERS THERE AND THE WHOLE STAFF IS VERY WELCOMING AND DEDICATED TO THE CHILDREN.

Posted April 27, 2010
We moved from a wonderful district in another state. We didn't think we could find a school that met the special needs of our children. Ballentine exceeds our expectations! The staff love their jobs and it shows. The teachers have always welcomed me into their classrooms. Our family loves Ballentine!

Posted February 23, 2010
I have 9 year old son and 7 years old daughter. Fourth grader and Ist grader. My kids are so happy in this school. Both kids love this school. All the teachers and staff are wonderful. Mrs. Setzer (4th grade) and Mrs. Duncan (Ist grade) and Mrs. Lane for 2nd grade are the best teacher I have ever met.

Posted February 06, 2010
My son is in 5th grade and my daughter is in 2nd .My kids have been going to BES from last three years.I am highly satisfied with BES.School take care of all kids needs and education things.Teachers are really wonderfull.Ms Davis is best teacher in 5th grade. Garima Srivastava

Posted July 05, 2006
BES is everything my wife and I had hoped. We added 1hr to our commute to send our kids to the best elementary school in the state. I met Dr. Brockhard (principal) at Dutch Fork Elementary prior to the opening of BES and knew that she would lead the school to its full potential. Parents have not been disappointed and she sets high goals. This school taps into the childs inner desire to learn and then looks at mom and dad and says

Posted March 02, 2006
This is a nuturing, academically successful school. they have a wonderful library and information technology. BES has just won the SC reading exemplary school award. The teaching is phenomenal and parent involvement is encouraged.There are alot of parents and grandparents involved. There is an open door policy in all classrooms so you can come in anytime and watch how your child is taught.

Posted January 19, 2005
We have a daughter in kindergarten and as many parents are, we were nervous about sending her to kindergarten. We attended the kindergarten tea in May and we fell in love with the school. Everyone made us feel welcome and I was amazed at the childrens involvement even at the kindergarten level. We live close by and are fortunate to be able to walk to school. Daily we speak with the principal and other staff members. My husband and I both volunteer in the classroom and feel very welcomed from the time we step foot on school property. My daughters teachers truely love what they do and it shows in how they treat each child. I cannot say enough about Ballentine Elementary and the staff. We are very lucky.

Posted January 19, 2005
This is our first year at Ballentine, and I must say that I am overly impressed with the quality of teachers, staff, safety etc. I feel extremely blessed to be involved with such a great school! The parent/teacher involvement continues to exceed my expectations every day. I highly recommend Ballentine Elementary and look forward to the following years as both of my children grow with the help of this wonderful school!

Ballentine Elementary School
1040 Bickley Rd, Irmo, SC  29063
Last modified Ballentine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ballentine Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top