Johns Island, SC

Posted October 28, 2013
Loving the teacher ,students and class sizes at this school. No to mention the the specials twice a week. Plus all the extras like character building, yoga classes and outdoor classrooms. We toured many other schools but half way through the tour we looked at each other and said this is the one!

Posted September 08, 2013
My daughter loves to go to school. She wants to be there all week, even the summer. To me, that says CCS is doing something right. Is she learning? You bet! She reads 2-3 grade levels above her own, enjoys the Outdoor Education Class, loves taking drama, has been learning Spanish since kindergarten, etc.... etc! Is it right for your child? Come to an open house!

Posted August 22, 2013
Even though CCS is not a religious school, I sense God's good pleasure with this campus and faculty. It is a bit of heaven where each faculty member is on the same team as the student, nurturing in them the best that they can be, seeing them through God's eyes of appreciation instead of being out to get them. They are caught doing something good. There is consequently a sense of family among the students, a trust and support of one another. It is not cool to be against the school or teachers because the school and teachers are not against you. CCS provides a positive learning environment in small classroom settings where the tension level is reduced significantly because the school believes that most of a student's work, including projects, should be done at school. Family life is restored. School spirit is high. Hacker Burr is the embodiment of the schools ideals as headmaster.

Posted January 02, 2013
We are new to the school this year and both of our kids are doing great in middle and high school. Having transitioned from a very competitive school in the northeast, we have been very pleased with the variety of academic opportunities, including an entrepreneurship class. The student body is amazing. I have never seen a group of kids so polite and friendly. It is truly a family environment with great school spirit. The school is truly diverse which provides a real life environment. The new head of the school will make great things happen. Can't say enough; good things. It has made our family's transition to the area very smooth.

Posted March 30, 2011
Awesome school with dedicated staff and beautiful surroundings. There is such a feeling of family at this school, which is why it is so loved. A nice mix of hands-on and traditional curriculum, as well.

Charleston Collegiate School

Posted January 13, 2010
I have been a parent at CCS going on 9 years and we are very pleased with the education our children are receiving. We are fortunate to have found such a wonderful school where our children can flourish and grow into young adults. It is a nice feeling to know that when you drop off your child in the morning you know they are happy, safe, and well taken care of. A great place to have your children thrive preschool through 12th grade.

Charleston Collegiate School 3

Posted February 19, 2009
My children have attended for two years. We love the small environment but would have to agree with another parent reviewer that the school standards seem to be slipping for the sake of admitting anyone. There seems to be no push for the students to do well and the curriculum this past year seems even more easy and not challenging. Location can't be beat for the area but not sure if this school fills the needs of the students that can be challenged academically which is why they tend to lose the good students each year to other private and charter schools.

Posted January 09, 2008
This is my sons fourth year at CCS. I have been increasingly impressed with the school each year. Dr. Shirlely has opened the school to a more diverse population which has met with some controversy with some parents. I have found that the acceptance of all types of students adds to the realness of life learning skills. The teachers are outstanding, in my opinion, and the attention given to my child has been wonderful. I know that he feels like an important part of the school and that he really enjoys his relationships with the faculty. There is a definite feeling of family here, and a sense of caring about the future of the students. His grades have been great and the opportunity for extra-curricular activities is abundant. I feel that the school has a very safe and secure environment.

Posted November 17, 2007
Good school. The headmaster is a great man and leader. With good teachers (for the most part) and good athletics, it is hard to pass up. And they just added a state championship in football.

Charleston Collegiate School 3

Posted June 02, 2007
Under Dr. Robison's leadership, this school soared. My children excelled, were qualified for college, and both were accepted at the colleges of their choice. Since Dr.Shirley's arrival, much of the good that Dr. Robison had done seems to be disappearing. The school is growing, but at the expense of academics. Admission standards were lowered, so that more students 'could' be accepted. Academics appear to be on the decline, and student publications have drastically declined in both quality, maturity, and the use of correct English.

Charleston Collegiate School
2024 Academy Road, Johns Island, SC  29455
Last modified Charleston Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Charleston Collegiate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top