Bad
Good

Angel Oak has a diverse and challenging environment. We are thrilled with our child's experience. The Personalized Learning approach creates a school where all children are given the opportunity to grow.

I am a parent who is proud to have my children attend this school. We live and work on this island, and so it just makes sense to go to school in our community. This school has great diversity, with children that get along together quite well. The teachers put forth so much effort to creative a wonderful learning environment for the students. The new principal is forward thinking, and positive. It's a great place to call "home"

Up and coming school in an up and coming area. My friend has a child that goes there and loves it.

I researched this school when I moved to Johns Island and found it to have everything that my two young kids will need when they start school. It has a very balanced student profile and many young teachers that really seem to care. The building is getting a multi-million dollar renovation in summer 2015 and I heard it is getting a magnet program soon. Angel Oak used to be a rural school which I think hurts it's ratings a little, but the student body seems to be becoming a lot more middle class in the lower grades because of all the new subdivisions being built nearby. This school is good now, but with the way this area is growing it will be awesome in just a few years.

If I could give this School a negative I would sure do so. My child attended Kindergarten here and from the Very First Day, he has been bullied, hit, and hates school. I went in front of the principal and the teacher and they both ignored my concerns. When I told the principal that evidently there was a spot on their playground that they can't see, I was told that due to the configuration of the playground that there will always be a spot they can't see. I ended up going to the superintendent. That helped but seriously this school is the worst school, it's a title one school and those kids have it out for kids that are a little better off than they are. I went to thanksgiving lunch there was a child there that had hit my son sitting directly across from us, the kid barred his teeth at us. I told the child that was a mean face you would do better being nice. Both Parent and Child laughed. These kids and Parents are barbarians.

Angel Oak Elementary is a small but creative school on Johns Island, SC. My community outreach program has worked with them this school year. Despite being a small school and therefore not receiving some of the support larger schools receive, the staff is incredibly dedicated and creative in helping their children succeed. They are raising awareness and involvement from the community as well as increasing parental interaction. Administration is committed and vibrant. We are so proud of what they are doing with this wonderful community school.

I am looking forward to having my grandson attend Angel Oak Elementary. I hear very good things. Every day he wants to ride by and see his new school. Sincerely, Angie English grandmother of Seth Blackwell

Best Elementary school EVER! I LOVED THIS SCHOOL SO MUCH ! I graduated in the class of '05. The school still looks the same but I heard its going to get rebuilt in a year or so. Go Owls !

Last modified Angel Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.