Bad
Good

My daughter attends the magnet program and has been there since the 5th grade. The education is challenging and everyone has been exceptional in making sure she understands the materials. I do feel like the diversity is lacking however the overall experience there has been a good one.

I'm a student from haut gap and I can say that this is the worst school I've ever gone to. The teachers they want you to know things right away. The students are very dramatic especially the girls . I hate the councilors they tell you it's going to be ok when it's really isn't. They put posters up for bulling only, People do you think that's going to help kids stop bulling others? No! It doesn't help anything! When you go to a guidance administrator they don't even help they just say we are using it as an excuse to get out of class. The teachers at this school don't even know how to teach some of them curse, jack up the other students and even kick them out of class for no reason. When the "bad" gets actually try to learn and raise their hands to answer the question they don't even get called on how is that so called teaching? The nurse only let's you get checked out if it's a certain emergency and if you have a pass. What if you are throwing up in the bathroom or cut yourself somehow and there are no teachers around? Do I not go to the nurse...hmm parents think about this please and decide on wether or not you want to take your child to this kind of school!

Haut Gap is the up and coming Middle school in Charleston County. The students are accepting the challenge to learn at high levels and running with it. Traditional or Magnet program, children here are getting the rigorous education that will prepare them for the 21st century. I have never worked with a more dedicated staff who truly do what it takes for their students to succeed. Come see the great things happening at HGMS!!

I am correcting my statement, I will not allow my other two children to attend Haut Gap Middle.

Haut Gap middle school is probably the worst middle school experience my son ever had. The administrative staff was horrible and the teachers did nothing to help him understand the criteria. My son was excepted into the magnet program and even then, he came home every day with several terrible bruises on his arm, a result of the bully problem they have. He has gon through three other schools and finally found a fit. Don't put your child through what I put mine.

This is a great school, any child woul be lucky to go here. The teachers are friendly, and so are the students. I have two great teachers this year, one who is very hard on me, and one who will do anything for me to succeed. Before I came to haut gap I had trouble in math but with the help of the friendly teachers I was able to catch right up.

I was in the magnet program and i did like it for the first year but then on the second year i didnt like it as much. Some of the teachers would expect you to know things rigth away and some would just keep teaching with out helping you becuase of little time. I went to the normal classes and did great. Im with people Im comfterful with and the work is easy.

My children are in the 7th and 8th grade. I moved them to the magnet because they were not being challenged by the near by private school. I am thrilled with the results! The teachers are outstanding and the kids are nice! The school is run in a disciplined fashion and it results in the children showing respect for their elders, and it promotes a learning environment! Who would have thought?

My daughter is part of the inaugural class of the Magnet program and we are loving the program, the school and the teachers and staff! The administration listens to the kids and the parents, and the teachers go above and beyond... definitely a new leaf for a great school!

As school media specialist, I have a unique perspective being able to observe all staff and students at the school. This is one of the best schools I have ever worked in during my 30 year career. We will move to a new building before year's end, the magnet program is dynamite, and faculty and staff are dedicated to the students. The children at Haut Gap are engaged in the PBIS program which provides positive reinforcement for proper behavior. If I had children of school age, I would want them to attend this middle school.

Last modified Haut Gap Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.