Bad
Good

Great school. I was class of 2012 and really enjoyed my 4 years as a Rebel! Great teachers (for the most part) who really care about the students and love the subjects they teach. I would highly recommend Strom Thurmond to anyone.

Strom Thurmond High School would be the best high school to send your child to if you live in Edgefield County School. The school has so much to offer academically, numerous award winning extracurricular activities, and a family friendly enviroment that helps with the students learning experience and education. The school has its own magnet school, Thurmond Statesmen Institute, and has a career center that offers a diverse number of career furthuring classes. The career center is right behind the school and also has a terrific teaching staff like the high school itself. Thee school is a great school but also recognizes it has problems but what school doesnt. Except at Strom Thurmond administration dont overlook the problems but strive to fix them so the students can continue recieving the best education they can get. I am a current student of the school and I am proud to be student at Strom Thurmond High School. If I had to do it again I wouldn't change a thing.

Strom Thurmond High School is a terrible school and I would not recommend it to anyone. When I am older, I will make sure that my children do not attend such a school! The lack of discipline is awful; the majority of the student population is impudent, not willing to learn, and are lacking a proper education. The advanced classes that are offered at STHS can be a little challenging at times, but let me tell you, the majority of students in them are nothing to be proud of. In STHS it seems as if the clubs and sports are more important than getting an education. The school itself is rather unsanitary; they've got cockroaches and mice running around in the place! The teachers are not entirely thorough in what they teach. One thing I especially hate is the forced participation: Several of the teachers will force you to get in front of the class and force you to work out/answer problems while at the disposal of the class, not even realizing how stressful/nerve-wracking that can be for some of the students. It should be an option to get up in front of the class and make a fool of yourself. I mean presentations are one thing, but working out problems for the whole class? No!

We have the great teachers working to develop tomorrow's leaders

I am impressed with the pride and care the Teachers and students have for the school. If you like small town and big football you will like this school.

Pretty good school. Not as great as these other reviews say but whatever. I will say that most of the teachers truly care about the students but a lot of them aren't very good in my opinion.

its amazing. great teachers. great friends. great sports. great everything.

Strom Thurmond High is the best high school i have been to. Strom Thurmond is very challenging. I have been to serval High schools and I must admit this school was my favorite. I brag to other kids about how good Thurmond is and they get mad. But this school is awesome. And when i have kids one day I will be sure they go the Strom Thurmond High School.

STHS is an asset to the Edgefield Community. We're very proud of the 2007 SAT accomplishment - outscoring the national average! Way to go.

My daughter attends STHS. She has had a wonderful experience with caring teachers. I don't understand the low rating. STHS just out scored the Nation on the SAT. They must be doing something right.

Last modified Strom Thurmond High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.