Posted September 21, 2012
Great school. I was class of 2012 and really enjoyed my 4 years as a Rebel! Great teachers (for the most part) who really care about the students and love the subjects they teach. I would highly recommend Strom Thurmond to anyone.

Posted August 21, 2012
Strom Thurmond High School would be the best high school to send your child to if you live in Edgefield County School. The school has so much to offer academically, numerous award winning extracurricular activities, and a family friendly enviroment that helps with the students learning experience and education. The school has its own magnet school, Thurmond Statesmen Institute, and has a career center that offers a diverse number of career furthuring classes. The career center is right behind the school and also has a terrific teaching staff like the high school itself. Thee school is a great school but also recognizes it has problems but what school doesnt. Except at Strom Thurmond administration dont overlook the problems but strive to fix them so the students can continue recieving the best education they can get. I am a current student of the school and I am proud to be student at Strom Thurmond High School. If I had to do it again I wouldn't change a thing.

Strom Thurmond High School 1

Posted August 09, 2012
Strom Thurmond High School is a terrible school and I would not recommend it to anyone. When I am older, I will make sure that my children do not attend such a school! The lack of discipline is awful; the majority of the student population is impudent, not willing to learn, and are lacking a proper education. The advanced classes that are offered at STHS can be a little challenging at times, but let me tell you, the majority of students in them are nothing to be proud of. In STHS it seems as if the clubs and sports are more important than getting an education. The school itself is rather unsanitary; they've got cockroaches and mice running around in the place! The teachers are not entirely thorough in what they teach. One thing I especially hate is the forced participation: Several of the teachers will force you to get in front of the class and force you to work out/answer problems while at the disposal of the class, not even realizing how stressful/nerve-wracking that can be for some of the students. It should be an option to get up in front of the class and make a fool of yourself. I mean presentations are one thing, but working out problems for the whole class? No!

Posted March 24, 2010

Strom Thurmond High School 0

Posted October 21, 2009
We have the great teachers working to develop tomorrow's leaders

Strom Thurmond High School 4

Posted April 01, 2009

Strom Thurmond High School 4

Posted March 21, 2009
I am impressed with the pride and care the Teachers and students have for the school. If you like small town and big football you will like this school.

Strom Thurmond High School 0

Posted January 23, 2009
Pretty good school. Not as great as these other reviews say but whatever. I will say that most of the teachers truly care about the students but a lot of them aren't very good in my opinion.

Strom Thurmond High School 3

Posted January 23, 2009

Posted November 08, 2008
its amazing. great teachers. great friends. great sports. great everything.

Strom Thurmond High School
1131 Columbia Rd, Johnston, SC  29832
Last modified Strom Thurmond High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Strom Thurmond High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.