Bad
Good

My daughter has achieved so many goals by learning from your teachers! Your staff are always nice and very helpful.

OES creates a wonderful learning environment. As a new student from another state my grandchild was quickly taken into the fold. His teacher identified a problem and quickly set plans in motion. He loves school now. I think his teacher went beyond expectations. The school offers so many opportunities for students to grow.

We love this school. The staff are extremely welcoming, professional and just seem to love their jobs. My little one actually loves heading off to school everyday and I'm always amazed by what she's learned. Some schools just strive to cram in knowledge for testing but OES seems to really care about the overall growth of children. We love it.

We have been at this school for a year and a half now, and I have nothing horrible to say about it. We were military and have been to several differant schools, but this is by far the best. Everyone in the office is wonderful, the teachers we have had so far are wonderful and both of my children have exceeded all our expectations. The traffic that people complained about is also no differant than any other school. For the amount of kids in this school, they do a great job keeping everyone informed and making their students feel important:0)

We have been at this school for only a FEW months. I have a son in 2 nd grade and a daughter in k5 who has learning issues. My son has had a great time and is learning alot.he enjoys his teacher and is encouraged to be and do his best. My daughter has been in other public schools since coming to live with me at age 3 (adopted). The other schools must have just let her play because she would come home and still have a very hard time writing her on name , even with daily help from me. since coming to oes, she is writing her name , remembering her letters and even starting to read some small words on her own... I can't say enough good things about what these teachers do and hope that others fill the same

We just started going to this school only a week ago and I am blown away. The staff and office have been wonderful with our transition for only a couple of months left in the school year. My son has been in many elementary's since we were military and this is one of the best. I am also impressed with the programs such as Oakie Book Club and what they have to offer even our little ones 2-4. The traffic also is no differant than any other school we have gone too either.

My son has been at Oakbrook Elementary for 3 years and loves it. The Elementary school school continues to rank high among area schools. I am an involved parent and have gotten to know all of his teachers and administrators and they encourage parent's involvment as they are aware it makes a huge difference in a child's academic life. The area around Oakbrook Elementary school has changed for the better. There are new 3 new, safe and beautiful neigborhoods where kids can walk to school. Flashing school lights have been installed and we have a police officer on site for traffic issues morning and afternoon. What could be better?

I have had over 15 yrs experience with either my children or grandchildren in oakbrook elementary school. The faculty is overworked and underpaid and trying to meet the states standards is killing them and hurting our students. For example...Due to the pac testing, this year, my granddaughter supposedly passed to 4th grade, yet she has the reading level of a second grader and i obtained her math 'workbook' and over half of the book was not even gone over, and she has been 'rush taught' some math objectives without even knowing the basic things needed. Teachers had no choise but to 'skip' sections of the book in order to comply with studying for pac testing. Well i know better....Parents...Do not put your kids in oakbrook...It is overcrowded as it is. Move away from ladson area. Traffic is horrible!

My son came to oes for 3rd grade. He was discouraged from the year before, but luckily we got the best 3rd grade teacher in all of oes. She has been kind yet firm, understanding and always willing to work together with me on anything. In my opinion she is the teacher of the year!i hope that the next teacher is as wonderful as carrie dukes. My son has found his love for school again. Thank you mrs.Dukes.

Last modified Oakbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.