Mauldin, SC
Students enrolled: 2,094

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 27, 2015
Mauldin is a resource-rich school; there is constantly something to do and be a part of. But, things aren't just handed to us on a platinum platter. Mauldin is extremely grass-roots oriented, and in order to be successful, you have to work for it and rise above, and if you cheat or take shortcuts, you might get away with it at that moment, but you will not get away with it in the end. The one thing that I do believe Mauldin lacks sometimes is fairness. I've only taken a few CP courses at Mauldin, and when I did, I noticed I was treated with blatantly more disrespect than in honors courses. I think there is an obvious disparity between teachers of the different levels at Mauldin, and this is where Mauldin is unfair.

Mauldin High School 5

Posted May 27, 2015
By far the best all-around, holistic high school in Greenville County (out of all public, private, and charter schools). Extremely underrated: It prepares students beyond-belief for higher education and the "real world." I learned soo much inside and outside of the classroom and met some of the greatest, deepest, friends I could ask for.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 27, 2015
Best teachers from my experience. Period (well...mostly, other than the few who made me lose some faith in humanity...but it was more because of their attitude than their actual teaching skills).

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 27, 2015
Junior and senior year I had the best balance of great teachers (who actually taught in class) and relevant, important-to-learning, homework. If I saw this question freshman or sophomore year, however, I would have put WAY TOO MUCH. It got to the point where I was averaging nightly sleep that was detrimental to my health.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
I have developed more physical, mental, and moral strength in the past four years (just from going to this school) than I have in the other 14 years of my life combined.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted May 27, 2015
I can sit after class and talk to most of my teachers like they are my mom or dad. Also, clubs at this school do a great job of becoming involved in the community, reaching out to others, and teaching valuable lessons. I have had one or two teachers, though, who have made me lose some faith in humanity.

Mauldin High School 1

Posted October 15, 2014
Worse school in Greenville county. Teachers have no respect for students, and are just there for the paycheck. I have had many problems with my child's teachers. Maybe the school would be better if the teachers made the environment for learning better by fixing their attitudes.

Mauldin High School 5

Posted October 13, 2013
Mydaughter graduated in 2009 and attended Clemson. She graduated in 4 years Magna Cum Laude in microbiology and now works for LabCorp. Mauldin High's programs and teacher help keep her on the path that Mauldin Middle and Oakview set her on. The opportunity at Mauldin is there to succeed if taken with some work and disciplin. Read, study, work hard, and ask for help when you need it. I have two other daughters who graduated from Mauldin HS. One graduated from USC Upstate and the other is a sophomore at Clemson and has made Dean's list the past 3 semesters. Parent involvement is up to the parents; Principals have changed and can't address but teachers care and want their students to succeed.

Mauldin High School 1

Posted August 13, 2013
I'm about to go into my 3rd year at Mauldin. If you are a parent looking for a nice school to send your child to. I do NOT recommend Mauldin. Your child's learning environment is constantly tempered with by the intolerance and ignorance of students and even some teachers. Even with resource officers always on campus, the drug problem is still pretty bad. Hopefully with the new principal starting this school year (2013-14) we will shape up and come together as a school to improve academically and in other extracurricular activities. Even though it's not my first choice for a school, it is my school, and I have to show some pride in that, GO MAVS!

Mauldin High School 2

Posted June 13, 2013
This school. I wont miss it at all, except for some friends. Word to the wise DONT get sucked into all the drugs being sold. Some of the people are genuinely scary once you get to know them. It all isn't worth a few grams trust me. No matter how much it improves your grades. It comes back later and makes everything soo much worse. Best advice I can give is join clubs or sports. I enjoyed some teachers, it was really hit or miss. I noticed the honors and college prep kids are basically kept separate, which is kinda weird. Also, whenever the hobbit comes out of her cave for food, she is rather rude to the students. Oh well, life lessons i guess. GO MAVS!!

701 East Butler Rd, Mauldin, SC  29662
Last modified Mauldin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mauldin High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top