Mount Pleasant, SC

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

COKSM instituted the President - Principal Administration model beginning with the 2012 - 2013 school year. It has been a great year for our school, students, faculty and parent community. We strive every day to improve on our very successful 63 year history of providing a quality Catholic education in our Mt Pleasant community.
May 03, 2013

Christ Our King-Stella Maris School 1

Posted May 15, 2015
Do not enroll your child if you want them to have a bright future. shanks

Posted February 03, 2015
The second year principal has been a great supporter of students with learning challenges. Two resource teachers now aid students with their specific academic modifications, have small group tutorials, and make sure that all teachers are following student improvement plans. All elementary teachers also had Orton Gillingham training this past summer. The elementary grades began a new series which encompasses reading, writing, grammar, and spelling this summer year. I also have been impressed with the prinicpal's new hires. One math teacher, two English teachers, and one religion teacher have joined the middle school. The technology department got a total reboot with having a new dedicated middle school instructor and an elementary school one. My children have been learning more this year than ever before. The guidance department expanded with now having two counselors, one for the upper and lower school. The library also has a new librarian who is making great changes to the school. My 3 children have enjoyed their time at COKSM. It is a perfect size which offers varied activies and opportunities like a larger school. Thankfully though, students are seen as individuals.

Posted February 02, 2015
My 3 sons started in the 4's at COK- 2 have graduated from college and one is a junior now. I can only say good things about the experiences all 3 had here!!! They still have the same, wonderful group of friends since they were 4, and they were well-prepared for high school as well as college. The teachers truly care about the development of each student, educationally as well as emotionally. Catholic education is a choice, and we made a great choice sending our sons to Christ Our King!!!

Posted February 02, 2015
I have sent all 4 of my children through COKSM and couldn't be happier. I feel it was worth the investment as my children have all been very prepared for high school. I don't know why one reviewer stated their child couldn't speak a word of spanish and did not have any computer skills but I did not have that experience. My children took Spanish 2 and 3 in high school and made all A's and the same with computers. The most wonderful thing about this school is the sense of community you experience if you get involved. I have a child in college who has friends he made in the 2 year old preschool at COKSM!

Posted February 02, 2015
We are so glad we found this school. This school is like our second family.

Posted February 02, 2015
Christ Our King is a fantastic school. Our son has attended from 4K to 8th grade and our daughter is currently in 1st grade. Teachers and staff are responsive and attentive to student's needs. Our children have excelled at this school and are receiving a strong Catholic education.

Posted May 17, 2014
Our children have attended COK for 3 years now. I could not be happier. The administration handles situations promptly and carefully regarding our Catholic values. The teachers show an immense love for their job and our children. I have found there is not a perfect school but COK for our family has been the right choice and have never regretted leaving public school.

Christ Our King-Stella Maris School 2

Posted May 16, 2014
This school once had a waiting list to attend, but the staff settles on their choices for teachers. My son's computer class was learning how to build chairs out of paper rolls instead of coding or programming. Spanish is given in the 1st-8th grades and the students are unable to speak Spanish upon exiting the school. Most middle school teachers should be replaced, great elementary teachers.

Posted May 16, 2014
There is no place I would rather have my three children educated than a place full of heart, wisdom and the desire to evolve into something greater than the day before. No person, place or thing is perfect, but a perfect light from above shines on this school guiding it's way. I believe not only are my children getting the best education possible, but are also learning how to develop their unique gifts and talents in order to make a difference in this world. Each child matters at COKSM!

Posted May 13, 2014
We transferred our two daughters (2nd and 4th grade) to Christ Our King-Stella Maris School this year and couldn't be happier! Our girls had a smooth transition and were welcomed into the school by both faculty and students. The administrative staff is also helpful and welcoming. All of the teachers have been fabulous and we have found it to be an extremely positive learning environment. The teachers really care about their students, are responsive to questions, and are dedicated to the school. Our children have felt very comfortable in the smaller classes and are thriving here. So far, we have had an outstanding experience and are so happy that our children attend school here.

Christ Our King-Stella Maris School
1183 Russell Dr, Mount Pleasant, SC  29464
Last modified Christ Our King-Stella Maris School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Christ Our King-Stella Maris School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top