Mt. Pleasant, SC
Students enrolled: 1,325
After care: No

Posted December 03, 2014
Student's test scores are very high. Cario is very safe. Students are really nice and there are always new students, so if you are going to be a new student, it's not a big deal. Teachers seem to really care about the students.

Posted December 03, 2014
My daughter attended all 3 years at Cario, was in all honors and excelled in Band. She loved Cario; which made an easy transition for her in to Wando HS. Cario's curriculum prepares students to the next level -- high school.

Posted December 03, 2014
Cario is a great place for kids! Hard working teachers, administrators, and staff. Great community of parents and volunteers.

Posted December 02, 2014
This is a great school with huge parent involvement and great admin support for all those involved.

Posted December 02, 2014
We have visited several schools in the Mt. Pleasant area and feel that Cario will be a great fit for our family. The faculty and staff were very informative and helpful.

Posted December 02, 2014
Thomas C. Cario Middle School is a great asset to the community. The front office staff is exceptional, teachers are motivating and the students are very excited to help new students.

Thomas C. Cario Middle School 1

Posted May 29, 2014
Worse school I have ever seen. They need to get their prioriities straight, have called several times about students bullying and was told they would get to in when they got to me on the list. We came from a state where the schools are rated no. 2 in the nation, where there is a zero tolerance policy for bullies. To those of you who are considering this school, do not be fooled by the 10 rating, look deeper, I wish I had, the younger child who was a straight A student now hates school, has stomach aches, bites her nails and crys every day when she has to go to school.

Posted April 17, 2014
My children have been moved around quite a bit. They have been through many transitions with different schools. My daughter is in 8th grade an says Cario has been her favorite school. My son is in 7 th grade an is in the 504 program. This is the first school he has not had problems with bullies. The teachers have been kind and supportive so far.

Thomas C. Cario Middle School 1

Posted March 13, 2014
I'm an 8th grader who moved here with my parents from Oregon. I hear a lot of great things about this school. Many said this school is for the students who want to make a difference and succeed. (Please note I am a Straight A student) The first couple of quarters were great, but things started to go downhill. Students back talking and arguing to teachers, fights nearly everyday, abusive teachers who give out punishments like candy, and the worst of all... Bullying. This school is full of bullies, its so bad that some considering committing suicide. Yet the teachers do nothing about it. It gets to a point where you can't tell the teacher on bullies because the punishments aren't enough to make them stop. Unfortunately the 8th grade owes over $3000 in debt for ID tags, over 90 students are failing all classes, and we have the most referrals and suspensions than the 6th and 7th graders. If you're thinking of transferring your child here please reconsider. Most students don't take kindly to strangers. Please do research before you enroll your child here. The only thing I can say is that YOUR child's life will change completely at this school. My grades were A+ to B- and C+

Thomas C. Cario Middle School 4

Posted December 19, 2013
Cario is a great school. We moved here from another state and this school exceeded our expectations. The arts programs are wonderful. From orchestra and band which most students have not played an instrument before to art, chorus and the amazing drama/theater program. The productions from drama and shows from chorus have been wonderful. The new year round Drama class has helped my shy child to become confident , proud and make great friends. The academics are right on track. There are teachers that are more involved with parents and kids and some that take a back seat. I have seen a few disrespectful students give their teachers a very hard time, back talk and disrupt classes. Teachers are limited in how to respond to this behavior. Its a great school with an amazing arts component .

Thomas C. Cario Middle School
3500 Thomas Cario Blvd, Mt. Pleasant, SC  29466
Last modified Thomas C. Cario Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas C. Cario Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top