Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted May 09, 2016
My children joined this year and have thrived! Great teachers and leadership. Very supportive environment.

Posted December 19, 2014
The principal,vice principal,office staff and last but not the least teachers are truly friendly. They are like a family to put it in short.once the child gets into the school and one year of being in the school everyone knows everyone and parents are all so involved. Its amazing to see the way it functions.This school is getting an awesome new building and is going to be a complete magnet school.Mount pleasant's this school in particular cares a lot about parent teacher involvement.Teachers constantly update parents about kids progress in academics and social behavior. Principal is totally approachable anytime.Genuinely sweet natured southern people.

Jennie Moore Elementary School 3

Posted March 14, 2014
When we moved to the area a year ago my child was in 3rd grade and excited about attending JME. After 3 weeks, we left JME because of the lack of empathy we observed from the teacher he had at the time. I personally witnessed her telling the children to "shut up". When I withdrew him the principle was standing right in front of me and never asked why we were leaving after a short time. My child is far from perfect, but has always enjoyed school and received As and Bs. Until JME. Well we decided to give JME another shot this January, once again struggling with the lack of empathy at this school. Teachers do not send home weekly updates or upcoming events and choose to direct negativity to the child and tells the child to have the parent contact the teacher. What happened to teachers and parents working together through communciation directly. As a parent I want to know the concerns, but would also like to see positive comments also. We will continue at JME but I do hope they invest in educating especially the older teachers in compassion and empathy. Children lose interest in learning when they feel the teacher is not available to assist.

Posted October 02, 2012
We could not be happier with JME! Before our child was old enough for kindergarten we considered placing our house on the market because of the school district. We had heard wonderful things about Laurel Hill and liked that it was a new school. We are so happy we decided to stick with JME. Yes the building is old but the school does the best with what they have. The janitor at the school goes above and beyond to keep the school clean. Mrs. Felder , the principal, is so hands on. She tackles every problem head on. I recently saw her out in the parking lot fixing a school bus.. Her door is always open for you and your family. The teachers we have had are remarkable. Mrs. Brownewell for kindergarten was so loving but kept control of her class. She had our daughter reading so quickly after she started. What an amazing introduction to the JME family. There are only 4 to 5 classes of kindergartens rather than 20 or so at other schools. You quickly get to know all of the parents. I now have a special needs child in the prekindergarten. I could not be happier with the progress she has made in just a weeks. The teachers are very supportive and take the extra time needed with my daughter.

Jennie Moore Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2012
We are relatively new to Jennie Moore and the area/state (Spring 2012 my children transferred to JME). I heard great things about the school, read the great reviews on here, and loved our tour/mtg with the principal, so we bought a house in this district. Unfortunately, I am extremely disappointed in the quality of education and wish we had purchased in the Hill/Pinckney district. Classroom sizes are large (31 students!!!), with some students in trailers. A new school is scheduled to be built; while I don't mind old buildings, the existing one is dirty, smells awful, and is crawling with live roaches about which my children complain. My second grader has yet to produce any school work in her weekly folder (just 4.5 weeks into school, but they should be past the goof-off period by now!) My fourth grader is constantly correcting her TEACHER's misspellings and even getting correctly-spelled words marked wrong on work. I have decided to keep them in a little longer, but if situations do not improve, we will homeschool, while we pursue other options. Sure, JME has art, music, drama, a family-feel, etc., but they need to focus on educating children in the core subjects.

Posted May 08, 2012
Great school, Cockron for first grade is the best! Karen Felder does very well in her role as principal. Don't know how she does it, it's a tough job dealing with parents with elementary age children. Parents are still getting to know what it best for their children in a learning enviornment, can be emotionally charged (I know). She keeps her cool and ultimately chooses the best route. I've learned no matter what school you choose, the job of making sure your child is getting everything they need that is available to them is still the responsibility of the parent. Instigating communication and staying on top of things is key. My experiance at JME is a large majority of the teachers know what they are doing, have a heart for teaching and a good handle on their class and really love my children.

Posted August 18, 2011
If you are a parent who wants to be involved in your child's elementary education - Jennie Moore Elementary is the place! There is an open door policy for parents to help administration and teachers, you can eat lunch with your child, volunteer in the classroom, walk your child to their room. My children are performing academically and socially way beyond my expectations (current 3rd and 1st graders) thanks to amazing teachers and administration! Coming from Virginia I was worried about the SC school system but even if that school system was right next door I would keep my kids at Jennie Moore.

Posted March 23, 2011
Excellent principal that knows the students, supports the teachers and creates an environment that is genuinely warm and academically challenging. This school has been terrific!

Posted June 01, 2009
Great school and the only school around that has programs for music, art, Spanish and drama. Each child is treated with care and respect. Thank you!

Posted April 13, 2009
I researched every school within a 20 mile radius of Charleston. We bought our house in this district specifically because JME is the best school in the area. The SC reputation originally made us quite nervous. After meeting with Karen Felder, the Principal of JME, we were convinced it was the school for our family. The teachers are wonderful, the staff is amazing, and I can call the Principal any time and she makes time to talk with me. Administrators at other schools redirected me and did not spend any time answering my questions. The PTA is super involved here as well. They have even taken peanuts off the ice cream menu so our allergic children won't be exposed to them. Thank you to Ms. Felder, Ms. Ramsay, Ms. Dailey, Ms. Jenkins and all the staff for your time, effort and care for each child. You make JME a success!

Jennie Moore Elementary School
1256 Hamlin Rd, Mt. Pleasant, SC  29466
Last modified Jennie Moore Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.