K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted March 10, 2015
Where each child is known and loved!! Every teacher cares for every student. What a great school!!

St Andrew Catholic School 1

Posted May 22, 2014
I couldn't tell you about St. Andrews because we never got in the door. When I called to inquire about their school I was asked, ummm are you Catholic? We see where kids from public schools have a difficult time acclimating to our school even when they are raised Catholic so there you have it! So this Catholic hung up on that so called Catholic! And the Catholic church wonders why it's losing parishioners! Bad outreach if you ask me!

Posted October 02, 2008
i love st andrews the students are kind and know their manners they are all kind to each other and they have very smart students

Posted October 07, 2007
Fabulous teachers and principal, make St. Andrew a wonderful experience. You do not have to worry abou where your children are or what they are doing while at school. Dicipline is strict, but not over the top. A very wonderful and loving environment, where the children know God, pray, & know that they are important, as are all people. At St. Andrew, the principal is the principal, and a very good one at that. Everyone is their for the right rasons, to learn and teach in a truly Christian enviroment! Two older sons, one in law school & another in a prestigious business school Attended St. A. A 2005 National Blue Ribon School! Best School Choice In Horry & Georgetown County!

Posted August 30, 2004
I am currently attending final year at St. Andrew School and it has nurtured my skills in math and science. I am currently a year ahead of the regular curriculum in math. In other words I am taking Geometry while the rest of the kids in my grade are taking Algebra 1. I feel that this school has taught me to accept everything that crosses my path in a kind, intelligent, and most importantly Christian manner. My brother who also attended St. Andrew School for 9 years is now attending a prep school and colleges from all around the country are asking for him. We know that he owes that impart to St. Andrew. The staff at this school actually know you. Because of the low student to teacher ratio you know every teachers name and they know yours and that means a huge amount -Jimmy Paul Tobin

Posted May 19, 2004
I attended St. Andrew Catholic Schools for 9 years. I am now a sophomore at Myrtle Beach High School. For my Speech and Drama final, we were told to do a debate. My topic was public schools vs. private schools, where I was for public schools. I figured that it would be easy to find the good points about public schools and bad point about private schools because I know attended at public school. As I began my search, it grew harder to uncover bad stuff about a type of school that I grew up with. St. Andrew was a very positive experience for me and I encourge and parents to send their children there.

Posted February 23, 2004
For a small Catholic school, the principal has nurtured a strong parent support base, with set minimum hours required for families to donate back to the school. Also, the majority of the teachers have, or are working towards getting, their Master's Degrees. Extracurricular activites include a limited sports program, but many community service and educational opportunites. For example, the 7th and 8th grade classes go biannually to a weekly science camp in NC, and the 8th grade graduation class goes to Washington, DC for several days. Discipline is rarely a problem because the majority of parents back up the faculty, but there are exceptions that make it a problem for the majority. Overall, I'm very glad for the time my child was there.

3601 South Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, SC  29577
Last modified St Andrew Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8