Myrtle Beach, SC

Posted August 30, 2013
This is my daughters 8th year at Palmetto Bays. The Teachers and staff are awesome. The Principal ( Ms. Slater ) is involved in all activities, she does a fantastic job ! I just love this school ! I wish they had 6-12 grades as well. I will be very sad to leave this school in June.

Posted January 21, 2010
Palmetto Bays is a good school.I do believe the staff could work on being more open on communication with the parents and addressing the children in a more professional manner.I see a lot of socializing during academic time-between teachers that are not 'planning.'More consistency with such a zero tolerance for anything would be outstanding!

Posted February 06, 2009
Better than 6/10 rating! Look at the reviews. This is our first year after attending another Horry County School and we are very happy. Our K and 3rd grade teachers are great. So far it seems that the teachers and staff are very caring and qualified.

Posted May 19, 2006
The school has great staff and academic excellence. There is ample opportunity for parent involvement and good school-to-home communication. Lots of family activities and fun. Wonderful after-school clubs and a great after-school childcare.

Posted August 03, 2005
I have two children in this school. The Pre-K program was wonderful, Ms. Pauley and Ms. Ewbanks are outstanding. My son was in kindergarten last year and had some trouble, but the teacher(Ms. Schwietering),the prinicpal(Mr. James),assistant prinicpal(Ms. Pilkey) along with many others helped him through his first year. I cannot thank them enough for everything that they have done and continue to do. They have a great after school program that both of my children enjoy. I really like the parental involvement in the school and the pride level from the staff, children and parents. Everyone who I have come across in our first year I have been impressed by. They take the children and their education delevopment very seriously. I have great faith in the school and its staff.

Posted April 29, 2005
I have two children attending Palmetto Bays. My oldest son has been there for three years and the youngest started this year. We have been very pleased with the quality of education they are receiving and with the teachers they are learning from. Both of my boys attend the afterschool program they have and I couldn't be more pleased with it. The teachers that run the program are very helpful with my children in doing their homework.

Palmetto Bays Elementary School 3

Posted December 05, 2004
A beautiful, new facility. Clean and comfortable-feeling. Many students appear to be from lower-income families. Our kindergarten teacher appears to be top-notch, and very caring and concerned. School could really benefit from more playground equipment...this is almost non-existant. Library is lovely, and librarian is cordial and helpful. (Recognizes students by their names!) More library books are needed. Principal seems very qualified and experienced, yet often unapproachable in appearance, and seems to have very little interaction with the students. He does impress me with his concerns for student safety and his willingness to respond to parental concerns in a timely, professional manner.

Posted August 30, 2004
My son is starting K-5 today. I visted the school during open house. I was very thrilled about the atmosphere and the surroundings of th school. The school is buzzing with positive energy for all children to enjoy and learn. I look foward to my son going here for his future learning experience.

Posted June 02, 2004
I have had a great experience with this school. Ihave a daughter that is in special ed. and they have worked hard on getting the best placement for her.

Posted April 21, 2004
Palemtto Bays is a excellent school with excellent teachers and parent communication. Five stars.

Palmetto Bays Elementary School
8900 Hwy 544, Myrtle Beach, SC  29588
Last modified Palmetto Bays Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palmetto Bays Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top