Posted August 01, 2013
My daughter does very well at Ocean Bay Middle School, The staff gives 100% plus and they do more then just their jobs, They care and it shows, It would be unfair to just name one or two teachers, they work together. Way to go Ocean Bay Middle School. I hope they win.

Ocean Bay Middle School 1

Posted November 21, 2012
I have 2 children currently attending this school, one in 8th grade and one in 7th grade. I cannot express how disappointed I am in this school, its principal(s) and its staff! They do NOT stand by their anti-bullying policy for which they have received awards, they do NOT support their student's or even attempt to meet the parents half way on important issues. They, themselves, are bullies including their SRO(School Resource Officer), and you don't make the cut for any of their sports teams unless your family is in good with the coach. This school is a perfect example of where NOT to send your child, unless of course you make a certain amount of money or have a powerful last name.

Posted October 30, 2012
From the principals, to the guidance counselors and teachers they are all extremely involved and have ALWAYS taken any concerns I have had in the past seriously. They provide top-notch teachers who are dedicated to our children. My son had a rough start into middle school and was just an average student who struggled with his studies and even with himself with self-esteem. He is now in 8th grade and an honor roll student again like when he was in elementary. I owe so much to each and every teacher and staff member at Ocean Bay Middle School who I truly believe played a key role in helping him believe in himself and had faith and confidence in him as much as I did as a parent. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted February 05, 2011
This is the cleanest school in Horry County and it recived a red carpet award for the best staff , the teachers are incredibly nice and helpful, they aslo have after-school tutoring program where assistant principals and teachers can help you with your work or if your struggling in a certain subject..The school also has great theatre,music, and sports prgrams , you can also attend after-school clubs , and lastly they have something called power school where you can check your child's grades in subjects or if there missing assignments so they cant hide thei report card i would positivly recommend this school to anyone.

Ocean Bay Middle School 1

Posted November 25, 2009
there is nothing special about this school, i should know; i attend it!

Ocean Bay Middle School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
It's a wonderful school with wonderful teachers and the principal really cares about the students

Ocean Bay Middle School 4

Posted August 24, 2009
My son just started his second year here. He enjoys attending the school. I have been impressed with the electronic communication I get from his teachers. I get an updated grades report every couple of weeks,which makes it easy for me to monitor his grades and make sure there are no surprizes on report card day. My son has two honors classes, English and Math. He struggled somewhat in English last year, by which I mean his grades were dropping to C's. His teacher not only let the students retake tests (they were given the average of the two scores for their grade), but she also let them do as much extra credit as they wanted to pull their grades up. I must say the teach was very tough, but that is what makes our kids the bright individuals they are.

Posted July 15, 2009
In all three years of my middle school career at Ocean Bay Middle, the teachers were compassionate about making sure we understood the concepts they taught. Dicipline is handled well, students who do the wrong thing are never passed over. Over all I would say that it is a great school that pressures it's students to strive for success.

Ocean Bay Middle School 3

Posted May 16, 2009

Posted April 17, 2009
This is my son's first year at middle school. He loves Ocean Bay Middle, which is a relief for me because of concerns that he would hate it. He likes it more than elementary school and is even getting better grades (all A's and B's). This is child that struggled all through elementary school. His teachers and the administration have all been wonderful and helpful.

Ocean Bay Middle School
905 International Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC  29579
Last modified Ocean Bay Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ocean Bay Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top