No rating

Cathedral Hall Academy

Private | PK-12 | 125 students

Student diversity

Living in Myrtle Beach

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Posted June 30, 2009

Free would be nice, but I think you have your facts wrong! Cathedral Hall Academy is a private highschool and is not becoming a charter school. A new charter school in the area is going to be renting the building where Cathedral Hall Academy used to be, but they are a secular public school. Students at Cathedral Hall (in their new location) will still have to pay tuition.

Posted May 5, 2008

This school is really going places under the new headmaster ms. Tanya jackson. She really cares about kids and shows personal attention to each and every one.

Posted January 25, 2008

This place is the greatest. I really love the individualized program for those in the high school program and all the personal attention. I see that the young ones in the abeka program are doing great with Mrs. Lori Lamb. I think that Ms. Tanya is the best principal the school has ever had. She is the greatest.
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 21, 2008

My daughters attended Cathedral from preschool thru kindergarten. The teachers and staff were wonderful. However, the school was not well organized and always in need of money. Maybe foucsing on the preschool thru elementary years would be a better direction for the school. What a shame. I hope the gifted and wonderful teachers have gone on to find schools were their talents can really be used and appreciated.

Posted January 21, 2008

This school has really made a turn around. After a few years of very poor administration they have a new person as principal and they are on the way up. They have a great program and teachers and the younger children have the wonderful Abeka materials and older have the computer individualized program for each student with interactive teaching for each student along with a classroom teacher who monitors the work and answers questions. It is fabulous what can be done for a student. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to have a lot of personal attention and care. It is also the cheapest school in the area.

Posted November 20, 2007

I think that this is a great school, Ms. Tanya, who has a Masters of Christian Education is a great administrator and Dr. Miller and provided a great place of learning for our children.

Posted November 20, 2007

I think that so many kids would never make it thorugh high school were it not for a place like Cathedral Hall Academy where you are a name and not a number. Only in the future as we go out into the world will the community see that because of this school even our town is abetter place to live.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 29, 2007

My daughters attended this school for awhile. They where happy to be there and I was happy for them to be there. Unfortunatley over time this school fell apart. Wasn't what it had been and was making any changes for the good! All I can tell you is to DO YOUR HOMEWORK!! Things are not what they seem and even CHRISTIANS will lie! Check into Dr. MIller really is and who really runs this school and why! Is it for the children and to teach the Word of God or for themselves and what they can get out of it!!

Posted July 17, 2007

I am a former student and finding this site i decided to tell what i know. This is the greatest school in the world.It is vey small and each person is almost like having a personal tutor though i know the attendance is different each year.Dr. Wayne miller has caused so many lives to be changed for the better from everywhere and i am one of them.It seems they go through some hard times but this is a real place for real people and these are real christians with rel problems so i fit right in to this place. There is a special place in heaven for ms. Sue and dr. Miller and all the others. What a loving place!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 13, 2007

I was a student at Cathedral Hall Academy for many years. I am so glad that I went to a school where you are a name and not a number. The negative reviews on this school has to be someone who was expelled or someone who was fired because this school is not only accredited but many of my friends from public school have used it for their summer school pregrams with the approval of their public high school. Dr. Miller did a great thing for this community and all of us young people when he opened this school. I am looking forward to meet the couple he appointed to come in as Headmasters.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 13, 2007

Cathedral Hall Academy did great under Dr. R. Wayne Miller as Headmaster and he has appointed a wonderful couple to come in and take over the school. If they keep the programs that he had when my children were there it will remain a great program for all children.

Posted July 3, 2007

My children have attended this school since they were in preschool, the academic program has always been top priority. My children have always been made to feel special and valued by the staff and administration. My children remain at least two years ahead of their cousins, which are in public schools, academically. It has done nothing but strengthened their self esteem. I know my children are not angels but any time discipline was need, it was handled in a very respectful and direct manner. I would highly recommend this academy. The new administration is wonderful. It's on the way to becoming a leading private school in the area.

Posted June 13, 2007

The quality of attention that each student receives at this school makes it the number one Christian school in our area. The fact that it is sponsored by Cathedral Bible College allows our students to meet young people on fire for the Lord from all over the world.

Posted June 5, 2006

Many of these reports are false. The school does not meet many of the standards that they claim. The children do not get the education that they need to succeed, nor are they disciplined for their inappropriate behaviors. You will have regrets. Please do your research and let the Holy Spirit guide you to make the right decision. Both of the parent results are not valid or true...Truth is what this school does not stand on!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 12, 2005

My son has gone to this school since the first grade, now going into the tenth; and it has been a blessing. Not only are the instructors beyond compare but the courses provided are excellent. The headmaster has provided what all children need. I pray parents who care about their children's spiritual realm as well as academic realm will take the time to look into what this school has to offer. I see, in my son, what God has planned for him. He sees it as well, and is equipped to carry forth what is asked of him. I cannot praise Cathedral Hall enough. Dr. Wayne Miller has relentlessly brought to this school what all headmasters/principals should aspire to from the beginning. My son scores well above 12th grade level in all subjects on the Stanford Testing which is taken yearly He has since 7th grade. I implore parents to consider this school.

Posted April 1, 2005

I have had two sons graduate from this school. I have a daughter there now. It is an accredited first class private school that recently had a $800,000 renovation with library, science lab, computor lab, and courses in everything from latin to cultural studies with students in the bible college who come from 15 different countries. This school has a zero tolerance for drugs and bad behavior. They also have art up to the high school level as well as music. They also have a fine arts theatre for productions and all sorts of special events like a 'history musical' that sung its way thorough the history of america.

3530 Pampas Drive