Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Palmetto Academy Of Learning And Success Charter 5

Posted December 18, 2015
Coming from a private school in the area and transferring to PALS I must say that this school is terrific. I do not mind the holiday sweets for my child. What I want is a good education. PALS has been able to educate my child and help her quickly get up to speed. The front office is AMAZING, Very helpful and polite. The assistant PRINCIPLE is SO GREAT. Very engaged and very helpful. So nice. The PRINCIPLE has been exceptional towards our daughter and my wife. The Teachers seem to care. They all seem to want the children to succeed and all seem to care. The teacher who teaches our child IS AMAZING AMAZING AND AMAZING. Great SCHOOL.

Grateful to: School leader

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted December 18, 2015
I feel that the teachers care about the vision of the children through the process of learning. I have not seen anything bad about this school. We see many positive lessons and effective behavior towards our child.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 18, 2015
Just right, The homework seems to be enough for my child My child has enough for her grade.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 18, 2015
I agree that this school does what it needs to do with each child. This is allowed by keeping the classes small and also by keeping my child accountable.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted December 18, 2015
Great respect for the administrators and the help they provide my child to be a better person. The staff brings positive roll model attributes in our child.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 18, 2015
Coming from a private school in the area and transferring to PALS I must say that this school is terrific. I do not mind the holiday sweets for my child. What I want is a good education. PALS has been able to educate my child and help her quickly get up to speed. The front office is AMAZING, Very helpful and polite. The assistant PRINCIPLE is SO GREAT. Very engaged and very helpful. So nice. The PRINCIPLE has been exceptional towards our daughter and my wife. The Teachers seem to care. They all seem to want the children to succeed and all seem to care. The teacher who teaches our child IS AMAZING AMAZING AND AMAZING. MS WASQUITO has helped us in every way possible including letting us know where our child need most help to rewarding her accomplishments. Great SCHOOL.

Palmetto Academy Of Learning And Success Charter 2

Posted April 28, 2014
The school has AMAZING teachers. However, most teachers are dedicated to their job and therefore good teachers can be found at any school. Unfortunately, the administration is abysmal. They seriously lack personal skills and speak down to others. They seem to pride themselves on how rude they can be as they power trip their way through the year. It seems as though there is a serious lack of communication in the school and teachers and administration are not on the same page. Last minute seems to be the way of things, which is highly unprofessional. Administration does not seem to plan more than a day or two ahead (and sometimes not even that far!), which is a real headache. Another commenter mentioned sweets. It does seem as though any celebration revolves around unhealthy foods being engorged, and it doesn't help that the over-sized principal has openly stated her disregard for physical education... Once again, thank god for the fantastic teaching staff!

Palmetto Academy Of Learning And Success Charter 4

Posted February 09, 2014
Overall we are pleased with PALS. I love the small class size and the family feel. My daughter absolutely loves it there! There are only a few things that we are not satisfied with. I feel that there is lack of communication among the staff. Sometimes we receive conflicting information about events, or are not aware of changes of schedules. The front office is not well organized as it could be, and sometimes unprofessional. Also, field trips seem to be scheduled short notice with funds needed immediately, which can be challenge if you are on a budget.

Palmetto Academy Of Learning And Success Charter 5

Posted January 16, 2014
This school is a charter school in Horry County School district. While the school district has several fantastic schools, the district is large (over 40,000 students) and sometimes there are issues that arise from a student body that large. PALS provides a small school atmosphere and great class sizes. There are two classes per grade and no more than 18 students per class. Parents are expected to be involved with their student, and there are many activities that allow parents to get involved with the school. Field trips are common, and there are many fundraisers, get-togethers, and after-school programs. Uniforms are worn by all students and the administration is strict on conforming to the dress code. I have two students in the school, both in elementary grades, and we've been very pleased with the academics and the support the students receive. There is also a full-day gifted and talented pull out program for those who qualify, and this provides quality enrichment activities for high-flying students. The administration is supportive, easy to talk to, and willing to listen, but will not be pushed around by parents, which I think is a plus. We could not be happier.

3530 Pampas Dr, Myrtle Beach, SC  29577
Last modified Palmetto Academy Of Learning And Success Charter is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.