Myrtle Beach, SC
Students enrolled: 1,983

Posted February 02, 2014
Lost my step daughter's transcripts for 2 weeks! Actually asked me "are you sure she graduated from here?". Upon showing them the diploma, they were like, "That doesn't help us." The guidance counselors will not call me back concerning scheduling conflicts with my son. Apparently they have no clue. Anyone who thinks this school is top notch apparently has does not have much life experience. New and shiny is not always better!

Carolina Forest High School 3

Posted October 03, 2013
While the school is beautiful and has a good arts program, I have had issues with our now sophomore. There are teachers who even the guidance counselors know want to see the kids fail, which I find appalling. Our experience with athletics via the football team has been horrible. I haven't figure out if the coaches are trying to win or not, but I do know they don't play a lot of kids no matter what the score. I've watched my son on the side lines when they were 60 points down too many times. I'd make him quiit, but he's determined to see it through. So much for building kids up!

Posted October 24, 2012
Bad not Great material. Some of the teachers are amazing and others are rude and substandard. My kids are going to private school now.

Posted December 31, 2011
Our son has been blessed enough from his four years at Carolina Forest to be accepted to the highest ranked University in SC. Where many parents we know that had kids at other schools and many have complained they are struggling at the college level feeling their high school did not properly prepared their children, we feel very fortunate. CFHS did such a good job that our son just made the Dean's List in his first semester of college, thank-you Carolina Forest High! Coach Jolly, Mrs Jacobs, Mr Iagulli, and Mr Barber were all amazing educators and Mrs Twigg is not a teacher she is an angel from heaven sent to make a difference in the lives of so many young people today. Needless to say we HIGHLY recommend CFHS when moving to MB, SC...This is not one of the best schools this is the Best High School in Horry County!

Posted December 14, 2011
Carolina Forest is one of the best high schools in Horry County. They have the highest SAT and ACT scores and their are multiple choices for AP and Honors classes. They have an excellent rating. The school appeals to many different interests. They have sports, show choir, journalism, art, FFA, and many different clubs you can join. The administration staff is very nice and you can go to them for anything. Most of the teachers I've had have been good and the few that are bad are already being looked over by the admin. staff. Sure there are drug problems and the spoiled rich kid problems, but what school doesn't have that problem? And the whole thing about sports being the only people that are appreciated isn't true. CFHS is also proud of their show choir and theater program. They've made many breakthroughs within the past few years. Academics are also appreciated. I can say that the things that make it bad such as fights and drugs are no where near as bad as schools such as Socastee and Conway. This is an amazing school.

Posted March 17, 2011
I was just reading over the reviews of this school and am absolutely shocked. This is my daughter's first year here, but she has had an absolutely positive experience. She is not an athlete, so I'm not sure about the "preferential treatment" others referred to. She is an Honors student who is very involved in the Show Choir and the FBLA and has been challenged academically since being there. There seem to be many types of people from many different backgrounds who mesh well. My child is friends with all kinds of people from every religious, socio-economic, cultural backgrounds imaginable. Teachers have been very easy to contact and communicate with and I've been pleased with the administration as a whole. I cannot imagine having my child at any other High School in Horry County.

Posted August 18, 2010
I am sorry but to all you people that have something against CFHS don t really know this school it is quite an amazing school there is nothing the teachers an admin. would not do to help us succeed in school and in life. I have been in Carolina Forest Schools since pre-School and I am now entering into my senior year proudly at Carolina Forest High School!

Posted October 09, 2009
It is really not that bad of a school. People sit on this and complain because they have nothing better to do. This school has come a long way from where it started and it is only going to get better

Posted July 12, 2009

Posted May 11, 2009

Carolina Forest High School
700 Gardner Lacy Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC  29579
Last modified Carolina Forest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carolina Forest High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top