Myrtle Beach, SC

Myrtle Beach Primary School 1

Posted January 25, 2012
We are very new to the area. I put my son in a class while I looked for the closest home. After 5 days, he didn't really want to go back in. After 10 days, he was very upset and begged to stay home because he didn't like that the teacher yelled and fussed at him and the rest of the class. I went to lunch to check out the experience for him. It was sort of okay, uncomfortable though. My son cried his eyes out as I was leaving. I was trying to comfort him. His teacher told him that I would not be able to come back if he didn't stop crying and for him to "dry it up." As I was leaving, I decided to tell the front desk that I was checking him out. When he got to the front, he said the teacher told him that "This will not happen again!" I left a voicemail for the principle letting her know that he would not be going back to her class. God Bless the rest of those children in her classroom. She's pretty rough verbally on them.

Myrtle Beach Primary School 0

Posted September 03, 2009
Tricia Bullock rocks she taught my son how to read . She is the best thing that ever happen to the first grade!

Myrtle Beach Primary School 1

Posted March 19, 2009
I have read the other two reviews,and I am sure that the teachers discussed by these two parents are indeed wonderful! However, I do not agree that this is the evaluation for the whole school. I have had 3 children to attend here, and I am not impressed. I think the office staff are unfriendly! I find many of the teachers unconcerned about true learning...they fail to encourage parent involvement in the education of the students by not grading papers and sending reports home. The school is probably too large for a primary,and students get no individual attention. THey have the reputation at the next level of sending students on even though they have not mastered the subject areas. Major changes are needed here!

Posted July 22, 2008

Posted October 06, 2007
We had a fantastic first grade year at MBP. Tricia Bullock is an awesome teacher, a real pro who loves teach children to love learning. From the principal to the classroom, this is a superb school. I can't imagine a private school being any better. I especially appreciated the open door policy. I always felt welcome to be a part of my child's education.

Posted July 21, 2004
My daughter attendeed first grade at MBP and had a very positive experience. Her teacher went above and beyond the call of duty at every opportunigy (Mary Rooney) and truly loved 'her' children. The principle, vice principle and staff were always available, proactive and inclusive. Julia learned to read at level 16 by the end of the school year and had started in August below minimum standards (due to sending her to a private kindergarten). My daughter still says she misses Ms. Rooney and wants to return just to visit. Who could ask for anything better from the first grade experience - so important for further learning and positive feelings toward education in general.

Myrtle Beach Primary School
612 29th Ave North, Myrtle Beach, SC  29577
Last modified Myrtle Beach Primary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1
Myrtle Beach Primary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top