Myrtle Beach, SC
Students enrolled: 1,100

Posted February 09, 2014
This school is no good. All of you only hear about the little amount of good things at this school. Let me start with the teachers, although some of them are cool the rest are all rude and lack respect for the students. The principles don't care about anyone and are very judgmental. The kids are the worst part, they have no respect for anyone and they could care less about anyone's feelings. The 7th and 8th.graders are out of.control and break the law. Two seventh graders were arrested last year for selling weed in school. And I have witnessed kids do pills and drink in class. I do not rrccomend this school to anyone.

Posted January 10, 2014
This school is horrible! The teachers aren't great, the vice principles are power hungry, the 8th grade principle in particular. The one real bad part of this school are the academic counselors. They will do next to nothing to help you with what ever your issue may be. One of the counselors is real bad at this. I tried to get changed out of one of my classes, and she didn't even have to common courtesy to respond to my requests! And what do I get out of it? I get punished with a referral and 3 days of ISS. All in all, do NOT go to this school, or you WILL regret it.

Posted October 24, 2013
We just moved here from NJ and we couldn't be happier with the school system. It is leaps and bounds above the NJ school system we left, and we lived in an upscale, upper middle class neighborhood. Everyone at SJMS is happy, friendly and cares. It is well-oiled, and disciplined, yet still knows how to let the kids have fun and be kids!!

St. James Middle School 3

Posted July 18, 2011
Our school is great except for the cheerleaders who get to break the dress code and always get special treatment!!! Everyone says there is a lot of bullying but there is not it is a lot of fun! I had great teachers such as Ms.Stewart (6th), Mr.Warrick (6th), Mrs.Williams (6th), and Mrs. Kerns (6th)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _Rising 7th grader

St. James Middle School 3

Posted August 03, 2010
St. james needs to stop bullying!!!!! i am serious cuz my sister went to that school since 6 grade to 7 grade and all those years people were making fun of her and honestly hurt her feelings !! come one can the principle do something about it...

St. James Middle School 0

Posted March 11, 2010
This school will DO NOTHING to stop the BULLYING that takes place here daily ! My son has been in this school for almost 3 years and when I asked 'how was your day' his first reply is So and so, kicked me, hit me, punched me etc...I have brought these issues to the AVP for each grade. STILL NOTHING gets done. They DO NOT ENFORCE nor REMIND kids to keep their hands to themselves. They don't take the bullying seriously at this school at all. Other than the constant bullying being the worst part of my kids daily day, the school teacher's are relatively good and do try to do what is best for the students. Improvement is needed is other area's.

Posted August 24, 2009
Excellent School, from North Jersey (Bergen County) also lived in Brick Twp (Ocean County) I am very happy with this school!!!

St. James Middle School 4

Posted August 22, 2009
The school is pretty good overall. There are definetly some changes that could take place. Our sixth grade vice-principal could use a bit of an attitude adjustment, she's very harsh towards the students. However, the seventh grade vice-principal is off the hook. Some of the teachers need to get real. They overload you with homework! A few of the sixth grade teachers in particular. How are we supposed to get outside if we have homework till eight'o'clock at night, and that's only if you start right when you get home. Some of the teachers that really deserve a shout-out are Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Onderdonk, Mrs. White, and Mr. Propst. They really care about their students, and will take you aside and talk to you if you are having a bad day. I think that the school goes a bit overboard with sports. Plus, the cheerleaders get to break the school dress code.

Posted May 17, 2009

Posted February 23, 2009

St. James Middle School
9775 St James Rd, Myrtle Beach, SC  29588
Last modified St. James Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. James Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top