No rating

Fox Creek Charter High School

Charter | 9-12 | 417 students

We are best known for historic academic excellence.

Posted September 29, 2013

My student is a sophomore at Fox Creek this year and loves her teachers. She has enjoyed her second year so far and is excited about going to school every morning!

Posted September 26, 2013

I am very please with Fox Creek. My son is a Junior, and I am very please with Mr. Trahan and Mr. Basket for managing the school, We are also excited about the new addition for next year.

Posted April 25, 2013

My son is in his second year at Fox Creek. His teachers communicate with me and resolve problems, before they become serious issues. He has grown both academically and socially, as a result of the excellent staff and student body. Hopeful the middle school vision will be achieved by the time my younger son is eligible to attend!

Posted April 20, 2013

I just read about the laptop computers to be given incoming freshmen to Fox Creek. I graduated in HS in 1965, and having no books for school is almost unbelievable. FCHS is definitely a leader in education. I have one granddaughter enrolled there now, and I want my other granddaughter who is in middle school to attend FC in a couple of years. It is really a great school.

Posted April 17, 2013

Fox Creek High School is in its eighth year and has already exceeded the accomplishments of the surrounding schools. FCHS is a 3-peat school of excellence - winning GOLD in 2009, 2010, and 2011! They have 10 Golden Apple recipients among the 22 teachers. Over half of the teachers have their masters degree in their subject matter. It is a new building (only four years old) and it looks it. The class sizes are small (averaging 16 students per teacher per class) and the student-teacher relationships are excellent. I am PROUD to be a teacher at FCHS and even prouder of the legacy we are creating in the North Augusta / Edgefield communities. FCHS is a school of choice and is committed to excellence. Our motto says it all - "Our students determine our future." Our students are the BEST! However, a school can only be as good as its leaders, and FCHS is lucky to be led by Dr. Tim Murph. His vision for the school has become a reality.

Posted April 17, 2013

As a first year teacher, Fox Creek High School has been extremely accommodating to my needs. Administration and other faculty are also very supportive and helpful. I am delighted to have joined such a talented team of hardworking teachers and staff! Overall, students here have also treated me with respect, allowing us to have fun while learning in the classroom. Go Predators!

Posted February 20, 2013

This is my oldest second year a Fox Creek and we would not go to any other school the one in our area is ran down and VERY over pop( was in need of face lift in 94 when i went there. I feel the close net family at fc and the "we will" "get to the bottem of this has been a blessing to my family and we already plan for the next child to go here. As far as not up on education thats not true yo can check they fellow the same guildlines as other SC schools and ANY and ALL are welcome not based on grades/sports. Shool and life is what you put into is if you donot care then why waste your time and no matter what kind of school or what they offer ya have to be willing to put in the effort not just school but life .

Posted November 17, 2012

This is my son's first year at Fox Creek and he loves it there compared to the other high school he went to in Edgefield County. His grades have improved. Anytime I have a question for the staff at Fox Creek they are always there to help. Offering college classes is another way they have impressed me.

Posted November 15, 2011

Fox Creek has just received a rating of "Excellent" from the South Carolina Department of Education. This is the 3rd time in four years. No other area high school has ever made Excellent 3 times. Most have never made excellent ever, but a couple have done it once. This independent rating from the SC Dept. of Education proves that Fox Creek is the strongest academic high school in the history of the area. Look at this link and see for yourself: http://ed.sc.gov/data/report-cards/2011/

Posted August 22, 2011

The school is a great place to attend. The school provides great teachers with smaller class sizes, which is a perfect combination for success. The school also has a great administration staff that keeps the students best interest at hand. The proof of this is the gold achievement award, AYP achievement, and 1.5 million in scholarships for a senior class of 72 students. The facts speak for them-selves.

Posted October 22, 2010

I'm very pleased with the education my children have gotten at FC. My oldest is a Junior at USC Columbia still on scholarship. my other children are headed for college leaning toward engineering. They are well prepared academically. Socially, everyone gets along well with many opportunities for sports. Overall it is great.

Posted September 30, 2010

There was no question as to where my child was going to high school. Fox Creek is a small school which gives a lower teacher/child ratio, it is close to my house and the teachers genuinely care about the education that my child receives there. During middle school my child was given a tour of the other high school in the area and the escort told my son that they only had 6 gangs! This may or may not have been true but to a mother 1 gang is 1 too many! We have several Golden Apple Award teachers and also a great track record with those who have graduated from Fox Creek! For all those parents who are sitting on the fence come to Fox Creek and see for yourself what a great school it is!

Posted May 25, 2010

Fox Creek Board & the Principal only care about the kids if they are rich or excellent jocks. They need to care about every student in the school as the first Principal did. The teachers are passing kids easily to move them up to the next grade which makes them not ready for college at graduation time. I wish more students would comment here to prove that. My daughter graduated early so she could go to college & I know other parents that have pulled their kids out of FC because they knew their own child should not have received such high grades. It is only a "good" environment if you are rich or excel in sports! They have a couple of great teachers there but they are wasted in that setting. The Principal now does not even like parents in the school. It is sad.

Posted January 26, 2010

My daughter graduated from Fox Creek High School, and she is now in her second year of college. She made the Deans List last semester and is doing wonderful in college (USC Aiken). I truly feel as a parent, that my daughter was well prepared for college during her four years at Fox Creek.

Posted February 12, 2009

We love Fox Creek. It is small and very nice family feel. Dr. Murph is a great principal. My daughter loves this school so much more than she did at her last school. She can really excell at this school.

Posted February 12, 2009

The teachers are very good and Dr. Murph really cares about the school. My son is in the 11th grade this year and he was having some difficulties. We had a conference with his teacher, Mrs. Leopard and the principal, Dr. Murph. They were so supportive of my son and came up with a plan that made sense to me to help him get his homework done so he can learn. I highly recommend this schoo.

Posted September 16, 2008

I am very proud to be part of the Fox Creek faculty. Being part of its growth and leadership within the community is very exciting. There are going to be many exciting ventures in the future for this charter school. We are looking into adding new programs and expanding the curriculum, not to mention being in a brand new building. I am very proud to be part of the community school.

Posted September 16, 2008

I have had the wonderful honor of teaching at Fox Creek High School now for a few years and it is true that the school is not only a place for knowledge and learning but also a family. Each year the teaching staff has gained many new, wonderful, highly qualified, award winning teachers that want to educate each and every student to the best of their abilities. The support from the administration is wonderful and I look forward to even bigger and better things as we transition into a new building next school year.

Posted September 10, 2008

I have taught at Fox Creek since its birth in 2004 and am very proud to be a educator at this public charter school. Being a part of the growth and progress not only of the school but also of the students' lives and the forware movement of the Merriwether Community has been a blessing to me. Fox Creek High School will be housed in a new building next year, and I look forward to the new challenges and the continued positive influence our unique high school offers the students in this community. I personally love my community and am proud to teach at our community's high school. Nancy Cowart

Posted September 10, 2008

Fox Creek is an AWESOME learning environment for your child. The best thing is the student/teacher ratio (about 14/1). Also, the staff is diversified and experienced. Many of our teachers are local award winners - including the Golden Apple and the Time To Care awards. We are currently building a NEW school, so next year looks to be even more exciting! Our ACT scores were the highest in the tri-county area. If you are looking for a 'hip, fast-paced, friendly, caring' school, look no further. Fox Creek is your solution!

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 91% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Scale: % level 2, 3, or 4

In 2012-2013 South Carolina used the High School Assessment Program (HSAP) to test grade 10 students in English/Language Arts and Math. The HSAP is a high school graduation requirement. The HSAP is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of South Carolina. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficiency level 2.

English/Language Arts

English language learnersn/a
Proficient in Englishn/a
Not migrantn/a
Scale: % level 2, 3, or 4

The different student groups are identified by the South Carolina Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

Applied Biology

The state average for Applied Biology was 55% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 80% in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 77% in 2013.

Mathematics for the Technologies 2

The state average for Mathematics for the Technologies 2 was 67% in 2013.

Physical Science

The state average for Physical Science was 60% in 2011.

98 students were tested at this school in 2011.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 95% in 2013.

U.S. History and Government

The state average for U.S. History and Government was 57% in 2013.

Scale: %D, C, B, A

In 2012-2013 South Carolina used the End-of-Course Examination Program (EOCEP) to test middle and high school students in Algebra I, Mathematics for the Technologies II, Biology I, English I, US History, and US History and Government. The EOCEP provides tests in high school core courses and for courses taken in middle school for high school credit. The EOCEP is a standards-based test program, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of South Carolina. The goal is for all students to score a C or above.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students participating in free or reduced-price lunch program 21%N/A57%
Female 50%N/A49%
Male 50%N/A51%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Merriwether Middle School
North Augusta Middle School
Paul Knox Middle School
Colleges most students attend after graduation University of South Carolina
Clemson University
University of Georgia
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff German
Spanish
Romanian
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Palmetto Gold School (2009)
  • Palmetto Gold School (2011)

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language impairments
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
  • Dr. Timothy L. Murph
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Fax number

• Standards-based
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Special education
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • During the enrollment process, each parent is asked to make a pledge of 30 hours to the school. many parents make monetary donations and several are on our board of directions.