North Augusta, SC

Mossy Creek Elementary School 3

Posted June 27, 2014
I originally moved here in 2007 with the intent of my kids going to Mossy Creek as it was an A rated school. Also, 8/10 rating on this website. My son attended grades 1-5 and we loved all his teachers, but one. He is now going to high school, and is extremely prepared. My daughter will be in 4th grade next year and I am seriously thinking about switching schools. Yes, her teachers have been nice, but nice doesn't teach. The couple of times I dropped in to class the last 3 years, the kids were just doing their own work while some were being behavior problems and manipulating the teachers time. I also have received no support from administration when Ive discussed the issues Ive had the last 3 years. I am very clear about my expectations of the teacher, and school and the past few years just hasn't cut it. (And yes I do believe that parents need to be involved for success which is the one area MCE does well with.)

Posted April 11, 2014
We have had a great experience at Mossy Creek with teachers and staff who went the extra mile to help our daughter.

Posted April 23, 2013
Mossy Creek is a wonderfully diverse school! Most of the teachers are extremely welcoming and friendly. My son is in Mrs. Rosier's class and she is the VERY BEST! She and Mrs. Powell have an awesome rapport with their students and Mrs. Rosier really knows how to make learning FUN! We have been very blessed to have our children enrolled in this school. We are always in "the know" and Mrs. Hammond makes weekly recorded messages that are sent to everyone's phone! Talk about a great way to keep the parents informed! My son's teacher also sends out a ROSIER WEEKLY (that explains what skills will be covered throughout the week) and she also emails an attachment to the parents. I couldn't be happier here at MCE! My child can't wait to go to school in the morning! I was a little jealous at first, but I love knowing that he is spending the day with two wonderful people!

Mossy Creek Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2012
My Autistic daughter went to this school in 2005 and was in K-5. The teacher was absolutely cruel to her. Rude, sarcastic and condescending to me. She called me every single day for the entire school year AT WORK because she did not know how to deal with an autistic child. The school sent her to a 2 DAY WORKSHOP to "learn" how to deal with Autistic children, which DID NOT work. She told me I "just dropped my daughter in her lap on orientation day." She REFUSED to allow my daughter to go on field trips with her class. When I spoke to the principal about the issue I was told (and, I quote) "If you daughter has a melt down in public, it will make the school look bad." I went to the district office and was given no help. I had to threaten legal action for discrimination before my daughter was allowed to go. The teacher and principal tried to convince me to MEDICATE MY 5 YEAR OLD for OCD when her doctor specifically told them she did not need medication. By the end of the school year, I moved my daughter back to our hometown where she FINALLY received the help she needed and is now a happy, blossoming and well developed 11 year old. AVOID THIS SCHOOL IF YOU HAVE A SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD!!!

Posted March 31, 2012
My son has attended Mossy Creek since 4K and has absolutely loved the school. We actually moved here so he could go to school! As an active parent volunteer, I have spent many hours at the school and have observed the faculty and staff over the years. They are the most wonderful people you could ever hope to have your children be taught by. Mrs. Hammond is the best principal and is very involved with all the children do. I always see her out and about around the school, at all school functions, and even in car line. That is how a principal should be seen, not hiding in her office oblivious to the world. My son is a straight A student and in GT and is receiving an outstanding education. This area is NOT zoned for all bad areas as many would believe. We have a diverse group and, just like any other area, there are some that are not as wealthy as others, but this is not a school of bad kids. As far as "Travelers" go, I have met many of them over the years and several have been in my son's classes. They are sweet children and the majority make excellent grades. Many of their parents/grandparents are also active participants in the school & nice to talk to. This is a great school!

Posted February 23, 2012
Mossy Creek has been a wonderful for my child. The school has an excellent faculty and staff that is truly invested in the students well being. They do an excellent job of teaching individual students and their academic level.

Mossy Creek Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2011
My son has been a student at Mossy Creek since 4-K. This school used to be one of the best schools in the area, but in my opinion it has really gone downhill. There are some wonderful teachers there, but there are some terrible ones as well. The administration seems to just turn a blind eye to the bad ones. I don't think they are helpful at all, if you have a problem with a teacher you are on your own. As for the previous comment about the bad areas being zoned at The Creek, this is no excuse. Mossy Creek is like every school and every community in N.A. there are bad and good. You can't paint any group with that broad a brush.

Posted July 12, 2011
my grandson is a student at mossy creek and we are travelers not gypsies and my grandson has never been sent to the office he won award for his kindness toward his teacher and classmates it seems to me that you are hateful toward little children is it just are kids sent to the office do you work there children are gifts from god all children i can speak for my grandson he is kind and loveing it people like you with hate in there hearts that learn there children to hate what thy fear we love all children are skin has gotten like rubber with all the lies thy say about us if want know somthing ask dont juge and teach your kids to hate the teachers are great mrs vaughn and all the staff is are very kind godbless all by the way he is a ab honer student and one of are kid s won a award out all the school for his computer skills and one child from are village read over 200 books just think before you talk you dont know me are my family yet you hate us words hurt kids

Mossy Creek Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2010
I hear things are getting better--new principal this past year. But the problem with this school is the zoning--seems like it got all the "bad" areas, so there are LOTS of discipline problems. Add to that the Travelers (gypsies) are zoned here as well. One student in my child's class was sent to the office 43 times during the school year, and another 37 times. Hard to teach when trying to deal with discipline issues all day. This is a new school with a beautiful outside, but the inside is a whole different story :(

Mossy Creek Elementary School 4

Posted February 20, 2008

Mossy Creek Elementary School
421 West Five Notch Rd, North Augusta, SC  29841
Last modified Mossy Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mossy Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top