Bad
Good

Posted April 21, 2015
I love this award winning school! My kids love it here! Staff if experienced and all seem to truly love their jobs.

Posted March 16, 2014
I LOVE MY SCHOOL!!!! What these people have been saying is mostly true, but the ONE STAR REVEIW is RIDICULOUS!!! In the past years, we have been updating our school, trying to get a good reputation, AND WE DID!! i am a fifth grade student, and I have Nikki Mock as my home room, the best teacher for writing, reading, and just plain FUN!! Ms Jones, social studies and math, is one of the best educators i know!! She is a social studies fanatic and she loves her kids! The over all school is one of the best in the country, LITERALLY!! We are one great big family, and thanks to that, we have a national blue ribbon, the highest honor a school can get!! I love our teachers, especially Ms. Williams in second grade, they love their kids and wouldn't trade the world for them. Our curriculum soars!! We have an average of an A/B school, and if you ask me, we are the best in SC!! We have also won awards for that, FYI! The only thing about our school that i don't like, is the food. I suggest lunch box, except for Fridays, pizza days. THE PIZZA IS THE BOMBDIGGEDY!! Yup, I just said that!!

Posted July 01, 2010
I have 2 children that attend HHE. This school is wonderful! Janet Vaughan (Principal) is absolutely wonderful--she knows the children by name, and works very hard to support the teachers and staff. She is very visible, always available to speak with parents, and has formed a first-rate staff. This past year HHE was in the top 4% of all SC schools. The entire staff is dedicated and caring, and the the PTO is VERY involved. Parental involvement is highly encouraged here. I can speak for 3 areas: my children attend HHE, I work at HHE and I am a PTO Board Member. Highly recommend this school.

Posted May 07, 2009
My child is completing her fifth year at Hammond Hill. Although the school is old, it outshines other nearby elementary schools! The teachers are all so caring and prepared! Communication is excellent between teachers and parents. Many improvements have been made under the leadership of Mrs. Vaughan. She is visible during school hours and at all school events, and always greets with a smile. I can't imagine sending my younger two children anywhere else!

Posted December 28, 2005
I have a child in the 2nd grade & one in kindergarten. We are very pleased with the school, the teachers, & staff. Mrs. Devine is a winderful Kindergarten teacher - and has done a wonderful job of making my son's transition into school a very positive experience for us. Mrs. Pair is also very dedicated & doing a wonderful job challenging my daughter to live up to her personel best, both academically & in her conduct. I am very happy to be an active member of our PTA & work with a great group of parent volunteers & school staff. I, too, think that Ms. Vaughn is going to be a wonderful asset to our school & am looking forward to working with her over the next several years as my children grow throw elementary school!

Hammond Hill Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2005
This is our 9th year involved with Hammond Hill Elementary. Thus far, we have had very few complaints. In the past, Ms. Marshall and Ms. Walters have been wonderful to work with..I am sure Mrs. Vaughan will be just as competent. A lot of changes have accured in this school over the years, but for the majority of the time, they all have been positive. Do not let others try and dissuade you, find out about this school for yourself. If your child knows how to behave, there should never be a problem.

Posted January 28, 2005
This is my daughter's first year at this school and I have to say it has been nothing but a positive thing for her and my family...Mrs. Devine and Ms. Castricone have taken so much time with her to help her through kindergarten...just wanna say thank you to everyone there and thanks for the suport you have shown my child and me as well in the decisions I have made about her academic performance...thanks so much...Delia Aleman.

Hammond Hill Elementary School 1

Posted May 21, 2004
Hammond Hill Elementary is by far the worst atmosphere for a child in the Aiken County School District.In the 3 years my child attended she was retained in the first grade and diagnosed with a learning disability as well as ADD by the second grade.Now I have moved her to a new school where her standardized test scores have improved and she has made A-B honor roll for an entire year as well as other honors.I am very disappointed that I bought a house in a school district that allows teachers to make diagnoses that they are not qualified to make.Not to mention that the Hammond Hill teaching staff is overrun with teachers that really are burned out and need to retire!I would suggest to anyone seaching this area as possible relocation to either check into private schools around the area or just don't move here at all!

Hammond Hill Elementary School
901 West Woodlawn Ave, North Augusta, SC  29841
Last modified Hammond Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.