North Augusta, SC

Paul Knox Middle School 1

Posted August 05, 2013
Superficial, phony, insincere and obnoxious. School only cares about smart, advanced students and children of Aiken Co. employees. All other students are third class and treated completely different. No teacher's child ever gets in any trouble. They don't have to stand outside in the cold, rainy mornings, they freely roam around the school's halls, they never get failing grades, never repeat a grade and never attend summer school and are never suspended or expelled. The school is repulsed and aggravated concerning having to deal with the handicapped, special education students and the ones who struggle in school each day. The school is extremely irritated about continuing each year as a school in need with low test scores. They harbor serious hard feelings toward the students whose scores are low which causes the school to be tagged with undesirable labels. V

Posted June 17, 2009

Posted December 16, 2008
The vast majority of this faculty are extremely well prepared and caring individuals. Students are well prepared for high school when they leave if they take advantage of the education.

Posted November 06, 2007
My child has attended this school now for 2years and 1/2 his 6th grade year. I really like it, the teachers are really good and stays in contact with you with your child anytime you have a question and gets back by email really quick. The only thing I don't like is their website. They don't have enough information, I wish there were more on the website about the school. For instance when you click on calendars there is nothing there.

Paul Knox Middle School 0

Posted October 14, 2007
I think this school is great,my grandchild doesn't have any problem at all.she loves all her teachers and she is really enjoying herself.this is her first year at paul knox and she's happy there.

Posted July 20, 2007
I have now attended this school for one year and I do not think there is not as much of a bullying problem as some parents have said. As for 'playing favorites', its more along the lines of, if you behave correctly you'll get on the 'good' side of the teacher they will appricate you more. I think Paul Knox is a great school for anyone to attend.

Posted August 21, 2006
I am a former teacher at Paul Knox. No, the school is not perfect. No school is. Teachers cannot work miracles. Only with teachers, parents, and administrators working together can we see our students educated and ready to take their places in society. As a whole I didn't see the favoritism that I read about in the comments. I had a great year. I am glad that I had the opportunity to teach there. I had some wonderful students and I wish them the best in 8th grade.

Posted June 19, 2006
I've done great at this school and I have made friends and not just bad riends but firend i can keep forever this is a great school that everyone needs to go to.

Posted May 03, 2006
'However, I witnessed that the discipline is very inconsistent. Also, there are teachers and assistant principals who play favorites with the students. Actually, the new principal is very helpful and supportive. The attendance office is very helpful. There are some very good teachers at this school but the morale is very low.' I couldn't agree more. Brenda Smith, the Principal, is outstanding in every way. (Most) of the Teachers are dedicated. Bullying is rampant and no Teacher does anything about it. Brenda Smith must be apprised of something like that, or nothing gets resolved.

Paul Knox Middle School 2

Posted March 04, 2005
The principal has brought little to no leadership to this school. Discipline is very poor. Bullying is not addressed and is a significant problem. I removed one of my children from this school after making all F's and one D for the year and was promoted to the next grade. Now he is on the honor roll. My other child is an honor roll student and it is amazing the favoritism given. If I could afford it the second child would also be removed. There are good teachers but poor leadership and support from administration.

Paul Knox Middle School
1804 Wells Rd, North Augusta, SC  29841
Last modified Paul Knox Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paul Knox Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top