North Augusta, SC
Students enrolled: 1,484

North Augusta High School 1

Posted January 26, 2015
This school is absolutely HORRIBLE! They dismiss good education for mediocre athletics and spend more money on a Jumbotron than to refurbish the school. I couldnt go to the bathroom without someone being able to see through the stalls. Some are even held together by gum...GUM. The students walk around with such a high elitist attitude that you would think that the Queen of England ran the school. Bullying is prominent not only in the school but outside of the school as well. They run over every other high school in the area with bad sportsmanship and average grades. North Augusta High School is the worst high school I have ever seen and you will regret it immensely if you send your child here.

North Augusta High School 3

Posted February 20, 2013
Im a grad of 94 and ALOT has changed since then I have two kids that will be attending a school out of Aikin county due to class size and over all. I've been on the teaching in of this school to and feel that school is what you put into it and where yo want to go in life you will never be 100% happy with what you are and where you go but you can make this best out of what yo have. Other schools might be best for some and not others again it's what YOU choise. I have seen and been apart of the "mob" in the hall and the school does need help but that also comes with money. So with that being said if ya donot like it change.

North Augusta High School 5

Posted April 27, 2012
North Augusta is a great choice for schools to go to in Akien County. They are undefeated in every sport. The have a great learning system and they are the best in the county and top 5 in the state of South Carolina.

Posted August 11, 2011
I think NAHS is "ok" for students to go But I hate the fact they're so disorganized, dress code is too strict for girls. I wish teachers gave us a week to study for exams, and help us more with HSAP. Girl bathroom are horrible ! they need to fix lock, so girls wouldn't have to use a gum! I hope 2011-2012 are going to be a great years for us!

North Augusta High School 1

Posted November 18, 2008
The teachers are great, some of them actually teach instead of just write people up all day, but the student population is too much. It's a mosh pit when it comes to going from class to class. The dress code is too strict for girls. There are tests every week with only 3 days to study, teachers demand you pay attention yet don't help out when you need it. I'm looking forward to going to another hs in the area with a smaller class setting. NAHS was great for my dad 20 years ago but in 2008, it's not good enough for me.

North Augusta High School 5

Posted November 17, 2008
I am a former teacher of NAHS, and think it is a wonderful school. Most people know that school is what you make it. If you choose to do well and become a well rounded individual, you will go far. If you choose to goof off and do nothing in and out of school, that is your choice too, but you cannot blame a school for your own incompetence. Please believe that every school has their problems. I know that some people mentioned that some teachers float (I did my first year teaching there), they have portables (what school these days doesn't), and they do not feel secure (lock your classroom door). These are all minor problems that all schools face at one time or another. Be thankful for what you have, because a lot schools have it much worse. You have to work hard for anything worth having. Go Jackets.

North Augusta High School 2

Posted February 15, 2007
My daughter attended this school for two semesters in the pre-IB program. From a parental perspective the school is extremely overcrowded and the halls are in a grid pattern which creates a 'mosh pit' at every class change (this is how the librarian described it to me). For the surrounding mostly middle class area, this school is sorely out of date in design (many classes are reached by outside breezeways w/no cover exposing students to rain, cold, kidnapping, skipping etc...)My daughter was in a class that was a 31-1 student/teacher ratio. This school is mostly academically focused offering pre-IB and advanced programs for the college bound student however in these programs expectations are extremely high for incoming freshmen with homework given every night in nearly every class that can total six hours worth for a dawdling teen. Do not go here if you're looking for a sports scholarship-sports are not emphasized.

North Augusta High School 3

Posted February 01, 2007
The school now has over 1600 students in a 1200-1300 pupil school with 9 portables which expose students to weather as they change classes. Because of the over crowding there are several floating teachers that do not have a classroom of their own. The building is in need of repair. The campus is open and cannot be easily secured in case of an emergency. Academics are stressed but not enough opportunities are available for those who are not college bound. Many students wish to go the vocational track, but only a limited number of spaces are availble at an offsite vocational building. The school does offer AP and IB coursework for those who are willing to put in the work. Discipline is inconsistant.

Posted March 14, 2006
I feel North Augusta was an excellent experience for me during my time there. The experiences I had during my four years were invaluble for shaping what I have become now as a college senior. I played 3 sports during my time there and felt that the faculty as well as the coaching staff always had my best interest at heart. However, I do feel that NAHS along with many other schools in the country does have its share of politics. I would not hesitate to send my children there one day in order to give them the same experiences that I was lucky enough to have.

Posted August 05, 2005
I have been involved at different levels as a parent. At one time I served on the PTSA board. I have found that the majority of the teachers are extremely helpful. My daughters have had some wonderful teachers and counselors. Overall I like the school but I did experience some profiling in that it seems a lot of minority children are not set on a track to go to college. Without even asking them, they are steered towards technical classes not college-bound and I have even seen them actually discouraged from trying to switch tracks and plan for college. I believe that most are wonderful teachers and students but there is an undercurrent of 'old south' mentality that I would like to see disappear. Compared to others in the area this school rates above the average. I will just make sure that I am active in my child's curriculm planning.

North Augusta High School
2000 Knobcone Ave, North Augusta, SC  29841
Last modified North Augusta High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Augusta High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top