North Charleston, SC

Northside Christian School 2

Posted November 17, 2014
This school is very wonderful on many levels. However, I have seen the youth pastor destroy children/youth with his words and deeds. They are not his type of Christian. They do not act the way he would like them to. I hope he realizes not everyone comes from a peaceful home Nor a two parent home. It is his job to reach out for children not push them away. Same on both him and those that allow him to continue to do what he does. He's good with the children that are easy for him but anyone that doesn't fit into his mold are shunned. Doesn't he know he is God's ambassador to those children? That you can reach more people through love them with being a strict disciplinarian.... Their interaction with youth pastors can be a strong determining factor as to whether or not they make a decision to follow Christ. When you pass judgment that hard on children it's much easier for them to run to the world who will at least except them for who they are instead of shame them.
3 people found this helpful

Northside Christian School 3

Posted September 28, 2014
If you have 1 stay at home parent and live a strict 1950 ish lifestyle then this is your place. Church members seem to receive preferential treatment and And you will be judged. Teachers are not hired based qualifications. If they have an opening and a member that attends faithfully Needs a job, then you have a match. Very sad but true. Teachers it seems are not held accountable for performance and if your child gets behind then no effort is made to help by the school. The teachers will tutor afterschool For $ 20 hour on top of tuition, uniforms and lunches. The uniforms that are required to come from uniform shop in Mt Plessant. They struggle to get the uniforms quickly. Sometimes taking months to get the uniform items. Again this year school started and many children do not have uniforms. This could be a really good school but they have some work to do. They have a great in house lunch program and are very structured. It is a safe enviroment but need to remember that walking in love and reaching out is VERY umportant.

Posted February 08, 2014
This is a very school. They are strict on manners and behavior, Both of my children have learned a lot from Northside. I have also learned a lot about parenting and respect from this school. I do not believe that you could do better by your children than Northside Christian School. Because if children are taught about God, manners and respect, then they have a much better chance of succeeding in life.

Northside Christian School 1

Posted November 05, 2012
I feel that my son was discriminated against because he possibly has a learning disability.I feel that the teacher that was assigned to him was not prepared, academically, for a child who has a hard time learning nor did she want to deal with his poor scores and evaluation.I am a very active parent. Immediately, after being told that he was not on the same level as the other 12 students, I consulted my mom (19 yrs of experience as a K5 educator), his pediatrician, and a child psychologist.I was put on the right path for getting him tested but he was wait listed.The beginning of this nightmare was when I received a letter from his teacher stating that he is a distraction (when one is not engaged one becomes bored and seeks attention).The last straw was when we received some other childs report card on a Thursday that was to be signed and returned on Friday.Not only was that childs privacy breached but possibly so was my childs.When I requested a meeting with the teacher and her superior I received a personal email at 8:51 am (when she should be teaching) not offering me a time for a meeting but stating that my childs report card was on her desk which I feel was an out right lie.

Northside Christian School 2

Posted December 02, 2009

Posted October 25, 2008
Northside Christian is a great school with teachers who work overtime to make sure a child is getting all he/she needs. the academics are tough and are in accordance with ALL standards of education. The student to teacher ratio is excellent in most situations and I give it a 5+ rating. thanks Northside for loving my child!

Posted July 09, 2008
We are a military family that tried public schools our first year in Charleston. The second year we chose NCS and were so glad we did. The entire lower school was very welcoming and caring. Both our boys were challenged academically. The entire staff was wonderful; excellent fine arts program.

Posted November 30, 2007

Northside Christian School 1

Posted June 04, 2007

Northside Christian School
7800 Northside Dr, North Charleston, SC  29420
Last modified Northside Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northside Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top