PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

A wonderful environment. High academic standards and behaviour standards. A very safe, organiized and wholesome environment. My only complaint is that some of the lower grade teachers are too hellbent on authorty and not compasionate. When a child doesn't understand something, they shouldn't be afraid to ask for help because the teacher embarrasses them in front of the whole class....children are the reason for the school and should be treated with respect, just like the teachers want respect.

This is an extremely organized place. The building is kept up superbly, as well as the playground and the entire property. They operate professionally and in love. This place is absolutely a good choice for children. They are structured and organized, providing a warm and consistent environment that reaches far beyond the realm of the classroom. Learning here is fast-paced and top-notch. However, Ithe curriculum is challenging so I will tell you that if you are involved with what your child is learning and checking their homework especially for the beginning of the year things will go smooth and your child will perform exceptionally . While no place is perfect this school performs exceptionally . Both of my children have attended and we have been at the school for 9 years .

Honest and integrity are the best words to describe this school. It is a safe, highly structured, organized and trustworthy learning environment. We just re enrolled for the next school year. I highly recommend Northside.

If you have 1 stay at home parent and live a strict 1950 ish lifestyle then this is your place. Church members seem to receive preferential treatment and And you will be judged. Teachers are not hired based qualifications. If they have an opening and a member that attends faithfully Needs a job, then you have a match. Very sad but true. Teachers it seems are not held accountable for performance and if your child gets behind then no effort is made to help by the school. The teachers will tutor afterschool For $ 20 hour on top of tuition, uniforms and lunches. The uniforms that are required to come from uniform shop in Mt Plessant. They struggle to get the uniforms quickly. Sometimes taking months to get the uniform items. Again this year school started and many children do not have uniforms. This could be a really good school but they have some work to do. They have a great in house lunch program and are very structured. It is a safe enviroment but need to remember that walking in love and reaching out is VERY umportant.

This is a very school. They are strict on manners and behavior, Both of my children have learned a lot from Northside. I have also learned a lot about parenting and respect from this school. I do not believe that you could do better by your children than Northside Christian School. Because if children are taught about God, manners and respect, then they have a much better chance of succeeding in life.

I feel that my son was discriminated against because he possibly has a learning disability.I feel that the teacher that was assigned to him was not prepared, academically, for a child who has a hard time learning nor did she want to deal with his poor scores and evaluation.I am a very active parent. Immediately, after being told that he was not on the same level as the other 12 students, I consulted my mom (19 yrs of experience as a K5 educator), his pediatrician, and a child psychologist.I was put on the right path for getting him tested but he was wait listed.The beginning of this nightmare was when I received a letter from his teacher stating that he is a distraction (when one is not engaged one becomes bored and seeks attention).The last straw was when we received some other childs report card on a Thursday that was to be signed and returned on Friday.Not only was that childs privacy breached but possibly so was my childs.When I requested a meeting with the teacher and her superior I received a personal email at 8:51 am (when she should be teaching) not offering me a time for a meeting but stating that my childs report card was on her desk which I feel was an out right lie.

Northside Christian is a great school with teachers who work overtime to make sure a child is getting all he/she needs. the academics are tough and are in accordance with ALL standards of education. The student to teacher ratio is excellent in most situations and I give it a 5+ rating. thanks Northside for loving my child!

We are a military family that tried public schools our first year in Charleston. The second year we chose NCS and were so glad we did. The entire lower school was very welcoming and caring. Both our boys were challenged academically. The entire staff was wonderful; excellent fine arts program.

Last modified Northside Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12