Bad
Good

My children love this school, the teachers are great and they have a huge amount of parents working hard and volunteering to help make the school great.

Our children have enjoyed Eagle Nest and we are happy with the education and activities offered. The new principal and vice principal are working hard for the students and it shows. I expect more great things to come.

Great school.... Exceptional teachers that truly care. The whole walker/car rider thing is frustrating. You can't enter the parking lot due to the car rider lane blocking it. If you need to check your child out early and didn't know ahead of time, or if they are a walker and it starts storming, this makes things difficult and frustrating. Otherwise we've been completely happy here.

Great school. Early bell schedule though. My son loved it and is now going to attend River Oaks Middle.

Good school lots of activities for families help during holiday I feel they encourage a lot of aren't involvement

One of the best schools in the world!!! Great teachers, education, students,everything!!!!!! I love it I have went there since the school opened. Now im in 7th grade and theres a middle school next besides it. So I can visit my sis and bro. I love the teachers and staff. The best school!

We are a military family. We had 3 kids Eagle's Nest School from 2009-2011. We loved it. The principal was awesome. When the principal stops you in the parking lot and comments on your child's good report card, you know she cares about your kids. We transferred our kids from a private school in Summerville. We had no problems with the car rider line. My son was on a 504 plan, they really took the time to help us. There were always enough people to help. They had great fundraisers. There will always be things you don't like about a school but we would go back in a heart beat! My 7th grader has been to 6 different schools all over the country and this was the best.

I went to Fort Dorchester High School during which I had the pleaseure of participating in the Teacher Cadet Program. During this program, I had the opportunity to work in a Kindergarten classroom at Eagle Nest Elementary School. I absolutely adored it! The teachers are fantastic and truly work for their students. They always make sure that they are doing everthing they can to ensure their students' education. I was absolutely blessed to have been able to practice teaching at this institution!

I am not happy with Eagle Nest Elementary School and am upset that my son has to go back there this year. We were trying to move but are not able. My 1st grade child got LOCKED OUT of the building when at the aftercare program and it wasn't until a teacher heard my child crying and banging on the door that anyone realized it. My child came home and told me this since no one else decided to (no note, explanation, nothing). When I approached the principal she said she was aware of the situation and is putting better practices in place. Also in Kindergarten my child came home without underwear one day and was told to just throw it away because they had an accident. (again no note) My child also came home without a note from the nurse with a large scrap and bandage on his arm. No note when he lost a tooth or had a bloody nose all over his shirt. Believe me if I could find another alternative I would do so.

Where to begin? Eagle Nest is not my favorite school. The car rider line is unorganized; there is very little adult supervision for the children from the curb to the school entrance while there is a lot of traffic; both foot and car. I was very upset when after only one week of school, a teacher went on maternity leave a few weeks earlier than planned and it was nearly two weeks before a long-term sub was hired. NOT a way to start off the year for kindergarteners. Parental involvement is very low. While there are some parents who give their all, you almost always see the same ones over and over. For a school this size, it's sad. The majority of the teachers are amazing but for those who aren't, the administration tends to turn a blind eye as if there's nothing that can be done. The principal has treated me rudely when I dared to ask questions. They seem more interested with the distric politics than making sure that ALL the kids in the school are being tended to. It's amazing to me that parents who DO want to be involved in their childrens' education are treated as impositions rather than assistants.

Last modified Eagle Nest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.