North Charleston, SC

Posted July 28, 2014
Our children have enjoyed Eagle Nest and we are happy with the education and activities offered. The new principal and vice principal are working hard for the students and it shows. I expect more great things to come.

Posted June 19, 2014
Great school.... Exceptional teachers that truly care. The whole walker/car rider thing is frustrating. You can't enter the parking lot due to the car rider lane blocking it. If you need to check your child out early and didn't know ahead of time, or if they are a walker and it starts storming, this makes things difficult and frustrating. Otherwise we've been completely happy here.

Posted May 25, 2014
Great school. Early bell schedule though. My son loved it and is now going to attend River Oaks Middle.

Posted March 25, 2014
Good school lots of activities for families help during holiday I feel they encourage a lot of aren't involvement

Posted July 28, 2013
One of the best schools in the world!!! Great teachers, education, students,everything!!!!!! I love it I have went there since the school opened. Now im in 7th grade and theres a middle school next besides it. So I can visit my sis and bro. I love the teachers and staff. The best school!

Posted May 22, 2013
We are a military family. We had 3 kids Eagle's Nest School from 2009-2011. We loved it. The principal was awesome. When the principal stops you in the parking lot and comments on your child's good report card, you know she cares about your kids. We transferred our kids from a private school in Summerville. We had no problems with the car rider line. My son was on a 504 plan, they really took the time to help us. There were always enough people to help. They had great fundraisers. There will always be things you don't like about a school but we would go back in a heart beat! My 7th grader has been to 6 different schools all over the country and this was the best.

Posted February 04, 2013
I went to Fort Dorchester High School during which I had the pleaseure of participating in the Teacher Cadet Program. During this program, I had the opportunity to work in a Kindergarten classroom at Eagle Nest Elementary School. I absolutely adored it! The teachers are fantastic and truly work for their students. They always make sure that they are doing everthing they can to ensure their students' education. I was absolutely blessed to have been able to practice teaching at this institution!

Eagle Nest Elementary School 2

Posted July 27, 2012
I am not happy with Eagle Nest Elementary School and am upset that my son has to go back there this year. We were trying to move but are not able. My 1st grade child got LOCKED OUT of the building when at the aftercare program and it wasn't until a teacher heard my child crying and banging on the door that anyone realized it. My child came home and told me this since no one else decided to (no note, explanation, nothing). When I approached the principal she said she was aware of the situation and is putting better practices in place. Also in Kindergarten my child came home without underwear one day and was told to just throw it away because they had an accident. (again no note) My child also came home without a note from the nurse with a large scrap and bandage on his arm. No note when he lost a tooth or had a bloody nose all over his shirt. Believe me if I could find another alternative I would do so.

Eagle Nest Elementary School 3

Posted April 20, 2011
Where to begin? Eagle Nest is not my favorite school. The car rider line is unorganized; there is very little adult supervision for the children from the curb to the school entrance while there is a lot of traffic; both foot and car. I was very upset when after only one week of school, a teacher went on maternity leave a few weeks earlier than planned and it was nearly two weeks before a long-term sub was hired. NOT a way to start off the year for kindergarteners. Parental involvement is very low. While there are some parents who give their all, you almost always see the same ones over and over. For a school this size, it's sad. The majority of the teachers are amazing but for those who aren't, the administration tends to turn a blind eye as if there's nothing that can be done. The principal has treated me rudely when I dared to ask questions. They seem more interested with the distric politics than making sure that ALL the kids in the school are being tended to. It's amazing to me that parents who DO want to be involved in their childrens' education are treated as impositions rather than assistants.

Posted January 25, 2011
I am thrilled with the education my child is receiving at Eagle Nest Elementary. My only concern is the lack of supervision the children have at recess. Nearly all the problems I hear about stem from what goes on at recess. When questioned "What did the teachers do when kids were getting out of hand?" my child often says "The teachers were talking to each other or busy doing paperwork and didn't see any of it." My recommendation would be to hire playground/cafeteria supervisors who's job it is to watch over the students at recess and during lunch. My school had "playground and lunch ladies" who ran a tight ship when I was in elementary school. Not only did the ladies keep a close eye on what was going on the teacher's got a much needed break.

Eagle Nest Elementary School
8640 River Oaks Dr, North Charleston, SC  29420
Last modified Eagle Nest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Nest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top