North Charleston, SC

Posted April 17, 2014
I love it here we have lockers and 8 class periods and we have band and art and dance and Spanish guitar and a lot more

River Oaks Middle School 4

Posted July 28, 2013
I love this school! All like everything from there! Great teachers, electives, social, etc. The only good thing about lunch is that you can buy extras such as candy, chips, icecream, etc. But this school is great! People should come here.

Posted February 05, 2013
I am a student here at ROMS and I love it.All my friends well i've know them forver because we all went to the great elementary school next to us.I remember at lunch on the other side of the cafetiria i see my big sister.So is you have a middle schooler and a "younger" one i suggest this school.Just so all you parents know there are no bullys at all and if there was one all the teachers help as much as they can!!!"I LOVE ROMS WITH ALL MY HEART!!!<3 <3 <3

Posted March 08, 2012
Good school. Great teachers, fully engaged and supportive. Positive all the way around. Blue ribbon education, hurry up and send your kids now

Posted January 03, 2012
We are new to S.C. and new to River Oaks. My child is very happy there and so are we. My child has seen no signs of bullying, at least in her grade. There are bullies in every school. It is how you teach your children to deal with it and how you as a parent deal with it. The one issue that I would address is the fact that there are children in the class that seem to cause a disturbance on a regular basis and they are sent out of class and no further punishment is pursued especially with repeat offenders. Parents always are looking for the schools and teachers to fix their children and their issues. It is time for paretns to take responsibility for THEIR children. I feel that RIver Oaks is a very good sc and I am happy with it.

River Oaks Middle School 1

Posted September 16, 2010
Our child is constantly called the N word at this school. they are told to ignore it and nothing is done to the student. The teachers claim they are too busy during transition to see anything as students get from class to class. You will be told your child is the root cause of them getting bullied because they are too emotional. Even when they get the activity on tape you will be told that what was not caught on tape justifies the actions of the bully. If your child IS a bully this is the best, most advanced school you can get. If your child is not a bully...good luck. The more you push back and get involved the more frustration you will get dragged into with no resolve. Once you know these rules, this is a GREAT school ... if your child is a bully,

River Oaks Middle School 0

Posted April 09, 2010
I love ROMS. I have been teaching there for three years and love my students. I wish there was more parent involvement. Middle school is difficult and when parents back off at this age it makes it more difficult for the teachers.

River Oaks Middle School 0

Posted November 10, 2009
I attend River Oaks Middle School. Yes, this school has bullies, but what school doesn't? My experience has been beyond great. All the teachers are very intentive to their students intrests and needs. The Administrators do their best to get the kids who are trying to take away from others' learning out, but not every single kid can be delt with. The principal could be more cordial, but she trys her best to stay with it at ROMS.

Posted October 08, 2009

Posted October 06, 2009
We have the greatest students, faculty and administrative staff

River Oaks Middle School
8642 River Oaks Dr, North Charleston, SC  29420
Last modified River Oaks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Oaks Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top