North Charleston, SC

A. C. Corcoran Elementary School 4

Posted April 27, 2015
I have two kids in the school and they have been going here for 2 years each. personally I really like the school. so far all of the teachers my children have had have been absolutely wonderful.

A. C. Corcoran Elementary School 1

Posted April 07, 2015
PARENTS BE AWARE. DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD ATTEND THIS SCHOOL. Why would a kindergarten teacher want to withhold food from a 6 year old? This is supposed to be punishment? What is wrong with these teachers. Does this kind of action make them feel empowered? My son is the minority in his grade and it disgusting to think a child is being bullied by an educated adult. This school system should be ashamed of themselves and clean house and get these cold heartless so called teachers away from innocent 6 year olds. I just thank God that the school year is almost over. This school system has now put a heavier burden on our family because there is NO WAY I will allow my child to attend another year of what is clearly child abuse, and I'll have moving expenses now to find another place to live. Its such a shame that the Principal, fellow teachers and the Board of Education look the other way and pretend that these actions are not happening. How about start putting our children first!

Posted May 19, 2014
If you want a positive outlook on this school you may need to look elsewhere. There are very few teachers including the principal who are positive about making this school a better place for children. My children are the minority here and they do get bullied on a weekly basis. They are told by their teachers that they shouldn t tattle, so nothing gets settled. My youngest's Kindergarten teachers yell at their students and reflect on the students in a very negative manner. My 2nd graders teacher Mrs. Ferguson is an extremely well rounded, positive, and patient teacher! She and the few other teachers that try to help this school are the only thing good about it. The school in general starts 15 min to 20 min earlier than any other school and they seem more focused on getting kids to school on time than dealing with negative behaviors that keep my children from learning in a safe environment.

A. C. Corcoran Elementary School 5

Posted July 20, 2011
My kids love this school. Their grades have improved and they adore their teachers for helping them improve those grades!

Posted April 25, 2009

A. C. Corcoran Elementary School 5

Posted June 25, 2008
Our son's kindergarten experience in 2007-2008 was outstanding. It far exceeded our expectations and a lifelong learner has been created. He's excited about 1st grade and his younger sister is ready to go there too.

A. C. Corcoran Elementary School 1

Posted August 25, 2007
This school doesn't offer any extra cirriculums for their children. Unfortunately, my child has to attend this school another year. I think the school should get knocked down and rebuilt. Please add an auditorium!!!!!!

Posted July 24, 2006

A. C. Corcoran Elementary School
8585 Vistavia Dr, North Charleston, SC  29406
Last modified A. C. Corcoran Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A. C. Corcoran Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top