Bad
Good

W. B. Goodwin Elementary School 3

Posted February 12, 2015
We have recently moved to the Charleston area and this was not a pick of schools for my child but he had to go there.. I can't really put the school down but I don't like it for my child..met with teacher to discuss child behavior bc I know he talks a lot and I don't send him to school for that but I didn't like one question teacher asked, is he on medicine? Do they think all black children need to be on medicine..he is a typical child..It don't matter me having to transport him to school but I will be doing a transfer next year to a more diversed school.

W. B. Goodwin Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2013
W.B. Goodwin is a title 1 school. The good part about this designation is that the school is eligible for all kinds of interventions. Free reading and math tutoring are available. There are also a number of paraprofessionals on staff. There is a sizable Spanish speaking community in the area and ESL services are available. The school is very well administered. The principal is visible on a daily basis and is often seen in the halls. The staff is cohesive with a common vision. The students are well-behaved, enthusiastic, and eager to learn. I would be well satisfied if my children attended this school. Thank you.

W. B. Goodwin Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2008
One of my earlest observations as a parent of children who attended Goodwin is The Great attitude of both teachers and their administrative staff. It has been their encouragement, and committed to excellence that have help my children make the most of our quest for growth and steady improvement in education . I would challenge every parent to commit to working with teachers to find what resources are available to help you child suceed. Goodwin has earned its above average School performance rating for the last two annual School reports because parents, students and teachers believe 'Every day is a good day for learning at Goodwin Elemetary

W. B. Goodwin Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2004
My child attended this school last year and I was very disappointed in the quality of education she received. My child's needs were not meet and no added effort was made to ensure them. I would not suggest this school to any parent. I believe that each child is unique in the way they learn including my own, my child did not receive the skills needed to be sucessful in this school.

W. B. Goodwin Elementary School
5501 Dorchester Rd, North Charleston, SC  29418
Last modified W. B. Goodwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W. B. Goodwin Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top