Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My son went to cd1 there last year and the teachers were amazing!! The office staff are always very nice and work me as far as anything I need. They are understanding of my work schedule and I really feel like they care about the kids well being as well as their education. My daughter went to fourth grade there too and I loved hearing about everything she learns!! I highly recommend this school!!!!

Staff is and clicky and unprofessional. Primary teachers do not have compassion for 6 year olds. My child, who is in 1st grade, had a horrible experience last year. Tried to talk to the principal about the situation. She did not want to have a conference with us. Had to take drastic measures just to have a conference with the guidance teacher.

Bullying, immoral students and parents, poor and clicky staff, filthy building, cafeteria staff that is very unprofessional, etc....no wonder this school continues to decline. The CCSD, as a whole, is horrible. The military children are the ones who are educationally lifting this poor school up in test scores, morals and values. I had high hopes for this school but sadly that changed over time..the truth came out. They drag their feet on taking care of the MANY nasty and mean students and parents, and then they cater to them by offering special assistance to them! office staff is nice, so they can lure you in. The security personal at this school is not to be trusted at all. Some of the teachers are wonderful, they are fighting a loosing battle with the majority of students. They are really wasting their talents on kids and the parents who don't care and I feel bad for them. When you have a choice as to where to send you child, this is not that place. Surrounding area is in the worst & most dangerous parts of Charleston. The extras/clubs offering here is nonexistant. They offer no real PE, but sit and watch dance videos on rainy days. Waste of a child's potential and life here.

My son is in second grade at this school, and we love it. We are a military family and have the choice between this school and Hunley Park. Everyone at this school has been extremely friendly and helpful in every way. We absolutely love his teacher, Mr. Seagle. I am glad we decided to go to this school and not go by the community ratings, because we are extremely pleased. If I could say anything to help make your decision, I just wish people would give things/places a try before judging.

This is my son's first year at lambs. He is autistic so he is in a special class. His teacher Ms. Dobson is AWESOME! The principal Mr. Plaster is great and very friendly. I feel like I can talk to him about anything concern that I have. He has only been at Lambs for two years. I unfortunately had to deal with the past principal Ms. T when my son went to AC Corcoran last year. She was HORRIBLE! I moved my son specifically to Lambs to get away from that woman.

The principal this year (2009-2010) is great. His name is Mr. Plaster.He is very approchable unlike Janice Timko. Volunteers are coming back to the school becuase the school has such a positive warm climate, now. I am so glad that my child will have one good year at Lambs.He has been going their since Kindergarten. Mrs. Timko always talked to my wife like our child did not matter. Mr. Plaster speaks to the students and the parents very warmly.The whole climate of the school has changed.

Some teachers focus so much on reading not knowing how important the writing and the math skills are too. I would not recommend a parent send their child to this school unles the they are being taught all three skills as well.

Last modified Lambs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.