North Charleston, SC

Posted August 18, 2014
Bullying, immoral students and parents, poor and clicky staff, filthy building, cafeteria staff that is very unprofessional, etc....no wonder this school continues to decline. The CCSD, as a whole, is horrible. The military children are the ones who are educationally lifting this poor school up in test scores, morals and values. I had high hopes for this school but sadly that changed over time..the truth came out. They drag their feet on taking care of the MANY nasty and mean students and parents, and then they cater to them by offering special assistance to them! office staff is nice, so they can lure you in. The security personal at this school is not to be trusted at all. Some of the teachers are wonderful, they are fighting a loosing battle with the majority of students. They are really wasting their talents on kids and the parents who don't care and I feel bad for them. When you have a choice as to where to send you child, this is not that place. Surrounding area is in the worst & most dangerous parts of Charleston. The extras/clubs offering here is nonexistant. They offer no real PE, but sit and watch dance videos on rainy days. Waste of a child's potential and life here.

Lambs Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2013
My son is in second grade at this school, and we love it. We are a military family and have the choice between this school and Hunley Park. Everyone at this school has been extremely friendly and helpful in every way. We absolutely love his teacher, Mr. Seagle. I am glad we decided to go to this school and not go by the community ratings, because we are extremely pleased. If I could say anything to help make your decision, I just wish people would give things/places a try before judging.

Posted October 12, 2010
This is my son's first year at lambs. He is autistic so he is in a special class. His teacher Ms. Dobson is AWESOME! The principal Mr. Plaster is great and very friendly. I feel like I can talk to him about anything concern that I have. He has only been at Lambs for two years. I unfortunately had to deal with the past principal Ms. T when my son went to AC Corcoran last year. She was HORRIBLE! I moved my son specifically to Lambs to get away from that woman.

Lambs Elementary School 0

Posted January 25, 2010
The principal this year (2009-2010) is great. His name is Mr. Plaster.He is very approchable unlike Janice Timko. Volunteers are coming back to the school becuase the school has such a positive warm climate, now. I am so glad that my child will have one good year at Lambs.He has been going their since Kindergarten. Mrs. Timko always talked to my wife like our child did not matter. Mr. Plaster speaks to the students and the parents very warmly.The whole climate of the school has changed.

Posted October 03, 2006
Some teachers focus so much on reading not knowing how important the writing and the math skills are too. I would not recommend a parent send their child to this school unles the they are being taught all three skills as well.

Lambs Elementary School 5

Posted June 04, 2006
05-06 Was the first year for my child at Lambs. He came from a private school. He loves Lambs and especially his teacher, Ms. Clymer. I cannot say enough about this teacher, she is great. When my child started Lambs he had difficulty in reading. They have a great reading program, he has progressed very well. He says he don't want to go to any other school,and his self esteem has greatly improved. Every time I have visited the school the principal has always shown a concern in my child.A very pleased parent and child

Posted November 27, 2005
Great school for military. Teaching is progressive...Ms Way is great! Would be alot better if you did not have to go so slow for ESL students but that comes with the territory, right?

Posted September 27, 2005
VERY POOR school!! Some of the teachers cannot even write a coherent sentence. It's no wonder people go to private schools.

Posted August 19, 2005
I have a 4th grader at Lambs & I've been very happy w/Lambs. I think it's always hard being the Principal. They have to focus on what is best for the kids as a whole rather than addressing each individual child. I volunteer weekly in my child's class & I am welcomed each time. We are military & have lived all over. I think school is always what you make it. People search out private schools because they want more--but you have to pay for 'more' as well. I think Lambs focus on the 'big test' is state govt money-driven more than Principal-driven. As a working parent, I know that everyone answers to someone. When it comes to our kids--we sometimes get tunnel vision! Give Lamb's a try-I think you will be very happy. Ms. Timko has always been empathetic & kind to us (but we have a great kid!):)

Posted May 11, 2005

Lambs Elementary School
6800 Dorchester Rd, North Charleston, SC  29418
Last modified Lambs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lambs Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top