North Charleston, SC

Posted May 26, 2013
Very pathetic school that is very very poorly run. Need a new type of fix to make this into a working school.

Posted April 21, 2013
I am very frustrated with the continued decline of our school. There are so many good schools near the Park Circle, but No. Charleston HS is not keeping its best principal and teachers. The current principal and group of teachers are wholly inadequate. The collapase of the basketball from champions to 4-19 can be traced to the inept and inexperienced Caucasian principal whose attitude towards students and parents is completely unacceptable.

Posted June 30, 2012
Principal is bad. Classes are taught by subs. PTA meeting no help they just ask for money. I will not send my child here.

North Charleston High School 5

Posted August 28, 2010
This is an awesome school I make new friends every year. I'm currently in the top 5 of my class and i wrestle, play soccer and run cross country =D.

Posted May 05, 2009

Posted May 22, 2007
- a former student
I went to this school & I see the changes--looks like a prison. I am embarrassed to have this school's name on my diploma. I will say only a handful of good teachers.

North Charleston High School 3

Posted December 01, 2006

North Charleston High School 4

Posted August 13, 2006

North Charleston High School 2

Posted May 21, 2005
I have two honor students enrolled. More focus and money are spent on 'security systems and cameras' than on educational programs and needs. The money should be spent on paying for summer classes for the students who can't afford it or paying the teachers who also work as coaches instead of firing them. North Charleston is supposed to be a school not a prison. There is no PTO/PTA. Bulletins are sent a month late when and if they are sent. Tardy students are given ISS which stays on their permanent record instead of sending them to class and giving them extra assignments or tasks to perform during lunch; however, if they skip school until second or later periods they don't. That makes alot of sense. The principals (there have been three in less than a year) only speak to you when it makes them look good. It has potential.

North Charleston High School 5

Posted May 13, 2005
I think since Roy Holloway left a few weeks ago, the school has changed for the better. The new standing in principal is doing a great job and seems to see eye to eye with not only the students but teachers also. That is what makes the school function better. The ROTC program is outstanding. The teachers that my child has in 9th grade are also outstanding. My child has went above my expectations. Keep up the good work and get ready for an excellent year next year.

North Charleston High School
1087 East Montague Ave, North Charleston, SC  29406
Last modified North Charleston High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Charleston High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top