North Charleston, SC

Garrett Academy Of Technology 1

Posted September 08, 2011
Garrett was a horrible school. The teachers are old and do not understand nor do they maximize technology. The principal that was there was way to lax on his 'favorite' teachers and in allowing students to dictate what was tolerable. Too often you hear "pick your battles" from staff instead of a strict adherence to policies that were in place. Students were one step above illiterate and passing classes like English with 90s. This school is a failing school that continues to pass instead of someone actually coming in to see why the kids are functioning illiterates. Students may have activities but weren't participating as much due to living all over the county and an issue with transportation. There was no school spirit other than the kids saying "falcon pride" because pep rallies were non existent and so were school dances/traditional high school fare. I'm surprised that they have a prom.

Garrett Academy Of Technology 0

Posted May 13, 2009
As a former teacher at Garrett, I must say that this is a wonderful school. I taught math there for 7 years prior to getting married and moving away due to my husband's profession. The opportunities that the students at GAT have far out-number those at a traditional high school. If I could go back to high school, I would want to attend this school because I could get hands on experience in a field of my choice (and in some situations graduate with a technical field certification). How awesome is that?!

Posted October 21, 2008
I love everything about garrett academy of technology...So i hope you can encourage your child, peers, and family members to be apart of our school's falcon pride!

Posted September 21, 2008

Posted July 14, 2007
As a student of GAT I am proud to say that I attend such a brilliant school. We have so many chances to do things but some students don't take advantage of it. I am a member of the class of 2010. Even though it was my first year, how well it was, I know it will be better. Our teachers are amazing they make everything understandable and easy. There are so many extracurricular activities that its hard not to be in any. Each day at GAT there is a parent helping out including mine. Its a great sight to see if you ever visit. This is a great school to recommend.

Garrett Academy Of Technology 4

Posted August 26, 2005

Posted March 26, 2004
- a former student

Garrett Academy Of Technology
2731 Gordon St, North Charleston, SC  29405
Last modified Garrett Academy Of Technology is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garrett Academy Of Technology Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top