Piedmont, SC
Students enrolled: 1,465

Posted October 29, 2014
My son graduated with honors from Wren HS last year and received a substantial academic scholarship to a wonderful college. He started Varsity football and had a great senior year with no involvement from his family. I also have a freshman daughter at Wren HS and have been impressed with the concern by the staff and principal for her GPA. We receive email communication from her teachers when assignments are missing. Every student can succeed at Wren, especially if the parent takes interest and participates in the education process.

Posted January 10, 2014
What a POLITICAL nightmare for Athletics!! The football special teams coach has his favorites along with the head football coach. Its a shame that the football players have to put up with the antics of adults and their personal politics. My son is an awesome kicker (kicked his sophomore year and never missed an extra point) and was never given a chance by the head coach or special teams coach. We have never witnesses so much unfairness in athletics. I do believe the head coach and others should be dismissed. The Varsity & JV football players don't get a decent meal before away games or a snack before home games. The website is LOUSY!!!!!!! No accurate information such the head football coach email is not even apparent. They will never win any type of championship with the way they politically coach! Academics is not much better. Teachers do AR in high school which is embarrassing! The teachers do way to many unnecessary projects(this is just to show the admin the song and dance show for observation) and don't communicate to parents until your child is failing. That parent who made the comment about baseball is right on target. Avoid Wren High School Athletics!!

Wren High School 3

Posted May 14, 2013
The School Academically is a great school, but athletically the school is very political, it's not how your child can play it's who his parents are and how much money can you give to support the athletic program. The baseball program is run by a pile of jerks, who pick before the season who is going to play and it doesn't matter how hard you work, you never get to play or have a chance to play, no matter if the other players strike out, or make errors. The arrogance of the Coach is terrible, he has had enough talent in the last 4 years to win, at least 2 state titles, but never made it to the big show , because when the situation call for him to really coach he can't and the last four years prove that. No help is given to the kids who want to go to college and play in college, forgive me but I thought that's what coaches were supposed to do is help the kids, not just try to make their selves look good. It was the most horrible 4 years of baseball we ever experienced. My son was told he was not good enough to play at Wren but today he is playing College ball, and just received the Roy A. Vernon Coaches award. So somebody must have missed something do you think.

Posted June 19, 2011
This high school is TERRIBLE. I had above a 4.0 and my parents were very involved in my academics and it is still awful! A principle probably left the last comment posing as a student. The school is so worried about what they look like, they treat the students very poorly. They find stupid reasons to expel students because they are too dumb and make the school look bad, instead of helping them. They make us act like robots and it feels like a jail walking into school. The happiest day of my life was graduation day. We only won Palmetto's Finest because there was no one left to give it to. The administration is not fair and harass students. The bathrooms stay trashed and gross and the food is soggy and cold. The hallways leak when it rains. They force you to take classes you will not succeed in such as Calculus when you are going to be a Journalism major in College. And the administration are control freaks.This school is terrible!don't go here!

Posted June 10, 2011
I love this high school. We just won Palmetto's Finest(which means that Wren High School is the BEST high school in the STATE) and this award is a BIG deal. They have great athletic programs, teachers are worried about the students grades, disipline is handed the way it should be, and the staff is very kind and determined to help.

Posted March 09, 2011
My oldest son has been in the Wren schools since 4th grade and he has loved every year, and my youngest has been in there since he was able to start school (he is now in middle school). I have not had any bad experiences like the ones that have been posted by others. The faculty at each school has been great. I think alot of the bad reviews that are being posted are from "parents" that are not active in their childs education. I feel that if they were they would have probably had a better experience with the faculty. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees, meaning maybe it was your child that was the problem and not the faculty and staff at the school. Wren (elementary, middle, 9thgrade academy, & high) is an awesome school community and as long as the parents, teachers, & staff of the schools are all in agreement that the child education is what they are there for, you should have a great experience like myself and my child. I highly recommend Wren schools to anyone.

Posted March 20, 2010
Wren High is exellent so far (9th grader). The teachers are very impressive, discipline is well handled. Wren grads are well respected academically at South East Universities. If we could just keep them safe in cars, this would be a perfect school.

Wren High School 0

Posted March 10, 2010
***** 5 stars! Super school! My children all were prepared well and have super preparation for future educational endeavors.

Posted December 16, 2009
I don't like this school at all. Teachers and other staff employees have 'favorites' and also they are not fair to some students in some disiplinary actions. The school is very 'clicky'. Kids are labeled, I can see (but I dont agree) why some kids end up quitting school. They need to be more positive towards the students. Thank god this is ,my last child to go to Wren.

Posted November 16, 2009

Wren High School
905 Wren School Rd, Piedmont, SC  29673
Last modified Wren High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wren High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top