Ridge Spring Monetta Elementary/Middle School 2

Posted December 15, 2009
My child attends RSM and I have to say that this year because of the much needed change of principal; the school is showing some improvement. Mr. Hooper is doing a wonderful job by setting an exmple with his always sunny disposition. I'm forced to send my daughter here because the next school is nearly 25 miles away and in my opinion probably as bad as RSM in terms of a proper education. It's sad to learn that here in SC, the education system slow and mucky. Having lived here 4 years, I had to be creative in suggesting ways to my daughter to keep her spirits up. We can't wait to move but middle school and Mr. Hooper are making it easier to stay...for now.

Ridge Spring Monetta Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted July 25, 2007
I am proud to teach at RSM Elementary-Middle School. I adore working with the students, have good relationships with the parents, and get along well with our faculty and staff. We are a Reading First school, meaning we are extremely qualified in providing the essential components young children need to be successful in reading. Our school, our teachers, deserve much more respect and credibility than is given by our school district. Thanks!

Posted March 28, 2007
RSM school is the lowest quality of school that you can get. When it comes to extracurricular activities, they are a joke. Un-organized and pittiful. Students are extremly disrespectful to teachers, staff, and other parents. Parents should be ashamed to have their children go here. TY

Ridge Spring Monetta Elementary/Middle School 5

Posted July 11, 2006
I attended RSM Middle and High as did my husband, and we were satified with our education, so much so, that we are letting our daughters attend and our son will attend when he is of age. They offer much more than an education; they offer opportunities that students of large schools would be denied due to size alone! Like the fact that no one is turned away during athletic try-outs or like having a beauty pageant that parents in this area can actually afford! On top of all that, what principal can you ask to help you out and she be more than willing to do it? Ms. Drafts, that's who! And that also goes for most of the facualty and staff of RSM. We are impressed with their progress and will keep our kids here in our home town school with brilliant down home people!

Posted May 16, 2006

Posted May 02, 2006
My family moved to Aiken from a larger city. We saw the farms and orchards in Ridge Spring and thought it would be a wonderful place to raise our children.At first glance, the school seems a lovley little country place, not unlike the schools we attended as children ourselves.But then the reality begins of a place where 5 year old children are housed with up to 15 year old young adults, a fact that was brushed over in the beginning by promises of very little interaction between the two. That is not the case.It is a very bad idea to have an elementary school and a middle school together.The staff seems to be overwhelmed.I have encountered intollerence, intimidation,angry yelling teachers, vulgar,offensive language, violance,and general irreverence for our most precious gift.It's a sad day for education at RSM.

Ridge Spring Monetta Elementary/Middle School
422 Hazzard Circle, Ridge Spring, SC  29129
(803) 685-2000
Last modified Ridge Spring Monetta Elementary/Middle School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridge Spring Monetta Elementary/Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top