Bad
Good

The staff is excellent and really care about the students and having the arts involved in their young lives will make an impact and help when the children get older.

Northside Elementary School of the Arts is one of the most welcoming, friendly environments you could ever ask for. You can tell that the students are the main focus at this school. You can not beat the arts programs the school has to offer as well! Our family is so thrilled to be a part of this great school!

We have just moved from Ohio and my daughter started at Northside. I am currently removing my child because we have bought a house in another school zone. Her teacher was wonderful, but as far as the secretary staff I am glad to be leaving. They have never made us feel welcome and seem to have no idea how to handle certian situations. My advice to any parent dealing with this school is to go straight to the principle because the secretary is clueless.

I really love this school. They have excellent teachers and staff who really cares about the safety and well being of the kids. This is the second year my son going this school, and he love it!!

My children just completed their first year at Northside. I was hesitant because of what I had heard and read about Northside. I must say I was pleased beyond words with the education, staff and principal at Northside. I would like to tell the community to use your own judgement and experiences before you make an assumption. The school was GREAT! My kids loved the teachers, staff and the arts at Northside. Please do not judge Northside by what you hear, come and experience it!

I have found Northside School of the Arts. to be one on the best schools in the Rock Hill. # 3 District. The teaching staff is excellent. Linda Crute (the Principal) is amazing. She really cares about the students, teachers, parents. Northside School of the Art's Rocks!!! Keep up the great work !!!!

Thus far I have found the punishments for children to not fit the crimes and also be one sided, where only one child gets punished and the other gets to walk away. The staff is far removed from having any sort of knowledge of how to speak to a child on his or her level and likewise with parents. It is a darn shame when a parent has to call a meeting and request the teacher, principal, counselor and bus lot attendant be there because no one knows what the other is doing, or can detect what is going on with a child. This school needs to be stripped to the bones and restaffed from the ground up, with high quality teachers, assts., admin and principal!!!

My child attended Northside last year due to my request to have him rezoned there from Lesslie. I'm sure Lesslie is a great school, but the faculty and fellow parents here at Northside are what make it like a second home for my family. We based our most recent move on our future address being one that was zoned to attend Northside. The involvement of not just the teachers, but the entire staff in the life of each and every student is unsurpassed. I have spent a great amount of time within the school as a volunteer despite working a full-time job and being a single mom, and have found that I not only feel welcome but appreciated. My child has learned so much in the last year, and has made phenomenal improvements both in behavior, and study habits. Northside, keep up the awesome job!!

I have two children attending this school, and I am in the process to switch them into a different school. I find a huge gap in communication amongst the staff and a broken gifted and talented program. I have very high regards for the GT teacher, but the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and unfortunately the kids are the ones to suffer the most. I find no patience amongst the teachers, and punishments that any parent would consider borderline abuse. My eldest child complains about fellow students racism, and has encountered sexual harassment by other students. The organization as a whole lacks compassion and sensitivity towards our youth, compounded by a lack of knowledge of how to foster gifted students. This will be my kids last year there, and they are excited about leaving.

Last modified Northside Elementary School of The Arts is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.