Posted August 18, 2014
SULLIVAN MIDDLE SCHOOL.... THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE. THEY DON'T STAY ON TOP OF ANYTHING.... I JUST CANT WAIT FOR MY CHILD TO GET OUT OF THIS SCHOOL. ITS RIDICULOUS WHAT I HAVE GONE THROUGH WITH THIS SCHOOL. ITS A SHAME. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE.

W. C. Sullivan Middle School 5

Posted August 14, 2014
This school is awesome the communication is great. The halls are bright and colorful. The bathrooms are fantastic. The teachers work hard and fast for the students to get their education. The principal is new this year but the faculty and staff stay busy for the kids to be in a nice clean environment. I love this school.

Posted June 08, 2014
Sullivan middle school is a horrible school..very poor quality of teachers and the principles are rude and disrespectful..they are always having lock downs for Safety reasons because someone always manages to stumble on the campus uninvited? I'm so glad my child does nit have 2 attend that school any longer..really considering home schooling. .simply because the quality of public school really suck in the rock hill area. Why waste your tax dollars?

Posted May 20, 2014
My son has only attended this school since Feb of 2014 and I want nothing more than to move so he does not have to go back in the fall. My son has and IEP and because they are and IB school they cop out of some of the accomodations because there program does not easily accomodate them. If your child struggles pray they get rid of the sixth grade IEP teacher she picks and chooses who she like and punishes and bullies students and the coucelor and the administrator for the sixth grade is also a joke. As the poster from 2012 posted they still stink at communication. I have asked for a meeting with the principal 3 times over 2-1/2 weeks and finally got a response. The district needs to stop handing the principal awards and listen to parents and fix the administration.

Posted August 12, 2012
We've been generally pleased with SMS this year having opted out of one of the wealthier schools in the district for the IB program (although I'm still not seeing much evidence of its international program outside of the languages, they added Mandarin this year!). The transition from 5th grade was academically difficult. Parents should know that they should be in contact with school officials early and often. The worst problem is they do not communicate well as they expect 11 year olds to listen and pass along important information. The school is very safe and keeps the kids busy for a very long day with fantastic extracurriculars. We were disappointed in our child's academic performance as well as the core teacher's ability to inspire, but grateful he is held accountable. It was too much responsibility for a boy at this age. Love the emphasize on reading. Lots more parent involvement is needed and possible.

Posted May 25, 2012
My daughter is being promoted next week to the 9th grade. I just want to say "Thank you!!" to the SMS faculty and administration in going out of their way to help her and communicate with me. The teachers have always been so encouraging to her and very responsive to my emails and phone calls and conferences. Her principles and guidance counselor have always put her interests first when questions or concerns have ever arisen. Being open-minded as a parent and student have helped us to accept their expertise in her education and made the communication process easier. And I have another coming up next year in 6th grade who we are very happy to see enter into the SMS program.

W. C. Sullivan Middle School 2

Posted May 24, 2012
I have been so disgusted with the principal and 7th grade teachers here that we are moving just so our child will no longer have to attend. There is little to no communication with parents, they give you the run around to the point that entirely too many people become involved often causing miscommunication & misunderstandings. No one can seem to give straight answers that are in agreement & not conflicting...and the school district itself isn't much better.

Posted June 13, 2009

W. C. Sullivan Middle School 3

Posted May 27, 2008
While pursuing the IB designation may appear to be a worthy goal, loading up the kids with 3 hours homework every night is crazy. They don't have time to be kids.

W. C. Sullivan Middle School 0

Posted October 05, 2007
I love Sullivan and the work it as been doing for the Middle Years IB program. Teachers have really been working on connecting their curriculums.

W. C. Sullivan Middle School
1825 Eden Terrace, Rock Hill, SC  29730
Last modified W. C. Sullivan Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W. C. Sullivan Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top