PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

WCCS is an amazing school! My son has learned so much and his teachers are great at what they do. It is obvious that they care for each child as an individual. I would love for my children to attend WCCS for the duration of their education but the cost of tuition will not allow me to keep them there. They offer financial aid but it is difficult for a family that does not show need yet does not have alot of extra money. Otherwise, I recommend it to anyone. It is a great place for you child to be nurtured into caring compassionate productive citizens.

Our family has been at WCCS for eleven years, and our kids are in high school, middle school, and grade school. Every year we are more and more grateful that we have been blessed to have our children at this school. The teachers are phenomenal, dedicated professionals who care about each child. The coaches are awesome role models for the kids. The new Head of School is a wonderful, godly leader for the school. The kids love and care for each other, and the school environment is welcoming, safe, and kind. It's rare to find academic rigor combined with Christ-centeredness, but this school has it! We could not be happier with our choice to attend WCCS -- it is more than worth the cost!

I am a student in 9th grade at WCCS. I think that it's a good school with a good environment. The teachers are nice and are good at teaching their subject. Because the school isn't as large as some other public schools, I am able to get to know the other students better. I feel like I'm learning a lot in my classes, and I am able to get to know my teachers as well. I think that Westminster Catawba Christian School is a great school with a friendly environment for the students there.

I am a WCCS parent of three children spanning from grade school to high school. We have been at the school for over nine years, and all of our children have been at WCCS since Kindergarten. We are very well-informed about what is offered at other schools in the area, and I can honestly say that the academics, environment, and integration of a Christian world view at WCCS are outstanding. The teachers are phenomenal, dedicated, well-qualified individuals who love the Lord and love the kids. Most of them have Master's degrees, and some at the high school level have doctorates. The high school honors classes have been excellent. The school has improved tremendously in the last year under the leadership of the highly-qualified interim head of school, and the new head of school has an excellent track record of exceptional leadership at another competitive private school in the area. As parents, we are excited to see what additional positive changes will come under the incoming head of school. WCCS is filled with great kids, kind, smart teachers, and caring administrators who make sending your kids to school a joy for parents.

Thank God for the wonderful changes at WCCS. We have been at WCCS for our entire school experience (10 years so far) and although we went through a trying time under the previous administration where we were concerned about the school, we couldn't be happier now. The academic standards under the new administration are higher than they have ever been, and they even have a highly qualified former university professor teaching the AP and Honors math courses. The current administration is very focused on providing a top quality education in a strongly Christian environment and you can see the results in the attitudes and behavior of the students. I would not hesitate to recommend this school.

WCCS has academic standards set very low. I have seen students struggle when they get to college because they are not prepared to handle the academics at a higher level. From the administration on down, there is a notion that they are doing you a favor by allowing your child to attend WCCS and assumptions are always made that parents or children are the ones with problems, not the school. The administration and particularly the board, fails to honestly assess their strengths and weaknesses, instead they simply decide that everything they do is good and if people fail to recognize it then they must be stupid. Enrollment has declined by over 50% in the last 5 years so the school focuses on new families that are new to the community or church to replace the ever turning revolving door that exists at the school. I do not recommend WCCS nor do I see Christian characteristics coming from either the administration or support staff.

The kids at my school are friendly and welcoming. The teachers are really nice and take the time to explain difficult things. The teams are good--the volleyball team just won the state championship. The Bible instruction is helpful and the teachers are good at helping us understand hard concepts. The play was amazing. Kids from here get into really good colleges.

WCCS recently hosted Pastors Appreciation Day during chapel. It was amazing to see over 30 pastors from different churches attend the chapel service, and then gather with students from their congregation to pray with them. I am so glad that WCCS addresses students spiritual needs while at the same time offering strong academic training.

A fresh breeze is blowing at Westminster Catawba Christian School with the change in administration. There has been a return to Christ-centered values and solid teaching. The academic focus has produced increased scores on national exams. There has always been a sweet spirit on the elementary campus and now we feel that same camaraderie and trust on the middle and high school campus. The students are wonderful kids who are valued. Teachers put forth significant effort to meet individual needs of their students. We truly believe the Lord has called us to be here. We know there is always room for improvement, but I am so very grateful for this place!

WCCS is a problematic institution. It is surprising that it has muddled through the dirt thus far. The problem is quite obvious. Instead of dealing with parenting or faculty concerns, depending on who you are, any genuine concerns that the leaders don't want to hear are covered up, marginalized, ignored, etc. In other words nothing ever gets dealt with leaving the school always in damage control mode. The other problem is too much negative church control. The administration constantly has to play politics between the church and board not allowing them the opportunity to lead. The best solution is for.someone .someone to for.someone to buy out the school from the church like several other christian schools have done and watch wccs take off.

Last modified Westminster Catawba Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12