Rock Hill, SC
Before care: Yes

Posted February 09, 2014
I am a student in 9th grade at WCCS. I think that it's a good school with a good environment. The teachers are nice and are good at teaching their subject. Because the school isn't as large as some other public schools, I am able to get to know the other students better. I feel like I'm learning a lot in my classes, and I am able to get to know my teachers as well. I think that Westminster Catawba Christian School is a great school with a friendly environment for the students there.

Posted February 08, 2014
I am a WCCS parent of three children spanning from grade school to high school. We have been at the school for over nine years, and all of our children have been at WCCS since Kindergarten. We are very well-informed about what is offered at other schools in the area, and I can honestly say that the academics, environment, and integration of a Christian world view at WCCS are outstanding. The teachers are phenomenal, dedicated, well-qualified individuals who love the Lord and love the kids. Most of them have Master's degrees, and some at the high school level have doctorates. The high school honors classes have been excellent. The school has improved tremendously in the last year under the leadership of the highly-qualified interim head of school, and the new head of school has an excellent track record of exceptional leadership at another competitive private school in the area. As parents, we are excited to see what additional positive changes will come under the incoming head of school. WCCS is filled with great kids, kind, smart teachers, and caring administrators who make sending your kids to school a joy for parents.

Posted February 07, 2014
Thank God for the wonderful changes at WCCS. We have been at WCCS for our entire school experience (10 years so far) and although we went through a trying time under the previous administration where we were concerned about the school, we couldn't be happier now. The academic standards under the new administration are higher than they have ever been, and they even have a highly qualified former university professor teaching the AP and Honors math courses. The current administration is very focused on providing a top quality education in a strongly Christian environment and you can see the results in the attitudes and behavior of the students. I would not hesitate to recommend this school.

Westminster Catawba Christian School 1

Posted February 05, 2014
WCCS has academic standards set very low. I have seen students struggle when they get to college because they are not prepared to handle the academics at a higher level. From the administration on down, there is a notion that they are doing you a favor by allowing your child to attend WCCS and assumptions are always made that parents or children are the ones with problems, not the school. The administration and particularly the board, fails to honestly assess their strengths and weaknesses, instead they simply decide that everything they do is good and if people fail to recognize it then they must be stupid. Enrollment has declined by over 50% in the last 5 years so the school focuses on new families that are new to the community or church to replace the ever turning revolving door that exists at the school. I do not recommend WCCS nor do I see Christian characteristics coming from either the administration or support staff.

Posted November 12, 2013
The kids at my school are friendly and welcoming. The teachers are really nice and take the time to explain difficult things. The teams are good--the volleyball team just won the state championship. The Bible instruction is helpful and the teachers are good at helping us understand hard concepts. The play was amazing. Kids from here get into really good colleges.

Posted October 14, 2013
WCCS recently hosted Pastors Appreciation Day during chapel. It was amazing to see over 30 pastors from different churches attend the chapel service, and then gather with students from their congregation to pray with them. I am so glad that WCCS addresses students spiritual needs while at the same time offering strong academic training.

Posted September 26, 2013
A fresh breeze is blowing at Westminster Catawba Christian School with the change in administration. There has been a return to Christ-centered values and solid teaching. The academic focus has produced increased scores on national exams. There has always been a sweet spirit on the elementary campus and now we feel that same camaraderie and trust on the middle and high school campus. The students are wonderful kids who are valued. Teachers put forth significant effort to meet individual needs of their students. We truly believe the Lord has called us to be here. We know there is always room for improvement, but I am so very grateful for this place!

Westminster Catawba Christian School 1

Posted July 17, 2013
WCCS is a problematic institution. It is surprising that it has muddled through the dirt thus far. The problem is quite obvious. Instead of dealing with parenting or faculty concerns, depending on who you are, any genuine concerns that the leaders don't want to hear are covered up, marginalized, ignored, etc. In other words nothing ever gets dealt with leaving the school always in damage control mode. The other problem is too much negative church control. The administration constantly has to play politics between the church and board not allowing them the opportunity to lead. The best solution is for.someone .someone to for.someone to buy out the school from the church like several other christian schools have done and watch wccs take off.

Posted July 12, 2013
Westminster has been a school where our children have thrived. As any parent knows, each child is unique and the interests and God-given talents they possess are better developed when they are given an opportunity to express them in a supportive community. My children have attended WCCS for 6 years and in that time I have seen them grow leadership and character through the classes, Bible studies, student government, the stage, sports and a terrific Odyssey of the Mind program. I am also a huge fan of the school's emphasis on expanding my kids global view. A student exchange program that brings foreign students to study at WCCS brought 13 students from China, South Korea, Vietnam, & Spain last year and international missions opportunities are offered annually.

Posted May 30, 2013
Our family moved here two years ago from a wonderful Christian school. We chose WCCS for our son for a couple of reasons. The main reason was that WCCS is a Christian school. We wanted him to stay in an environment that teaches a Christian world view rather than a secular one. The other reason we selected WCCS was that our previous Head of School impressed upon us the importance of choosing an accredited school with SACS and ACSI. Lastly, the tuition was not nearly as much as the Christian schools in Charlotte. Our daughter, who tried a year of public school her freshman year, is now attending WCCS as well. She said it feels like she came back home.

Westminster Catawba Christian School
2650 India Hook Rd, Rock Hill, SC  29732
Last modified Westminster Catawba Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Westminster Catawba Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top