Posted March 24, 2011
Bells Elementary is a Wonderful Elementary School. My son came to this school in second grade and has made outstanding growth. This school was one of three Colleton County Schools that made AYP last year. I am proud of the success that Bells has created in my child.

Posted November 04, 2010
I realize that many of these reviews are old, but I think people should stop saying that the school has a problem with funding and such. That's because the county spends the majority of their funding on the schools in Walterboro. Bells gets the least funding of all. It's not the schools fault. Many teachers have to buy their own supplies. Mr. Davis is a fantastic addition to the staff. I know he's been there a while but the children listen to him. That's what they've needed for a while. Parents should address the school board and the district if they want this school to have more funding. Bells has fundraisers all the time to get money to provide for the kids. Parents stop complaining about those too! You can't complain about fundraisers, then complain that the school doesn't have enough funding!

Bells Elementary School 0

Posted July 31, 2008
I think Bells Elementary School is a very good school, but just doesn't get credit where it is due. With the addition of Mr. Jay Davis as Student Concerns Administrator, the behavioral issues have decreased and the students are more focused on their education. Bells has always been in the shadows of the other schools in Walterboro, but they have not let that stop them from excelling. Keep up the good work, Bells Elementary! Marlarrie Smalls~ parent/substitute teacher

Bells Elementary School 3

Posted February 24, 2006
I think something, should be done to improve this school, i have two children that go here, grades 2&5 the second graders classrooms are over crowded, also the classrooms are cold, there is not proper heating, and the school is very old, and not in good shape at all. My feelings are, that the parents of these students are also taxpayers, but yet they continue to work on and rebuild the walterboro schools, and do nothing to improve ours, our kids have just as much right to be comfortable as those in walterboro.

Bells Elementary School 2

Posted April 14, 2004
I am very disappointed in Bells Elementary. They suspend kindergarden children as punishment for misbehaving in class. I cannot agree with this method of teaching. Guidance councelors are provided at the request of the parent only. They have bus drivers that are unable to control the children and lack of funds to invest in cameras for the buses. My biggest concern is the fact that this school is very old and still has asbestos in it that no one seems to be doing anything about!

Posted March 16, 2004
- a former student
As a parent with a child now attending and having been a student there myself. I think that Bells Elementary School is doing an outstanding job. The principal,teachers,other staff, parents and students their should be proud of the job that they do.They have provided our children with a wonderful educational program. They are always finding new and creative way to open our childs mind. They have made available for the use of a website for our children to learn more on even at home. By working together at school with our children they have given them a greater chance of being successful in all of lives challenges. I appreciate all that they do. Keep doing all that you do. A proud parent!

Bells Elementary School
12088 Bells Hwy, Ruffin, SC  29475
Last modified Bells Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bells Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top