Oconee Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 203 students

Living in Seneca

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $174,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $528.

Sweep tile

Posted July 11, 2013

I am currently a rising senior at OCA I have been a student at this school since k-3. OCA is an amazing school that prepares you for any and every obstacle in this world biblically and academically. As I sit here and read the very few bad reviews and look at the dates written I laugh because I know exactly who wrote the bad reviews because of horrible things they did as a student or even as a family together. One review was written by a student who tried cheating on a final exam and had his family's help to make a cheat sheet. The math program at OCA is amazing as my brother attended the United States Naval Academy and said the math he took his freshman year at the Naval Academy was the same he took his senior year at OCA he was accepted to every college he applied to and even started tutoring people at the Naval Academy. I could not speak more highly of this school am I would highly recommend to anyone!!

Posted July 14, 2010

As a parent of a very bright but sometimes challenging special needs child, we cannot speak more highly of our experience at this wonderful school. My daughter smokes her older cousins academically, who are in public schools around the country. she reads on a high school level, has the math skills of a middle schooler, and equally impressive science skills. In addition, her teachers and faculty love her for who she is, quirks and all. My daughter loves school and loves the Lord, in large part because of this top notch institution.

Posted July 1, 2010

I am the parent of an elementary student. This is our 4th year at OCA and we plan to be long term. We are very involved & have viewed aspects of MS & HS and see no reason we won't be at OCA for the next 9 years! Very happy!

Posted February 24, 2010

We had friends whose son had attended OCA and they had left, not too happy, and had advised us against it. We decided to go anyway, and stuck it out several years - it did not end up being a good experience for us, either.

Posted February 22, 2010

My son attended high school at OCA for three years. We ended up taking math at the local tech college this year as their math teachers were sub-standard. Last year, the chemistry teacher was quite over his head, as well. On the brighter side, the Spanish teacher was wonderful. But, their math and science depts are very weak. Additionally, although they say they are nondenominational, we as Presbyterians experienced hostility toward our beliefs and the school is more suited for those who are evangelical.

Posted December 12, 2009

I am a 2007 grad and I could not have had a better experience at that school! May God continue to bless this school

Posted September 22, 2009

Good education,friendly atmosphere,christian teachers and director, if awarded the money we good provided need tools for our teachers and students.

Posted September 21, 2009

I love Oconee Christian Academy because the standards of academics, moral teachings and a love for Jesus Christ is of the upmost and highest of standards. The students are individually known and inspired and challenged by the teachers/staff and parent volunteers.

Posted September 21, 2009

I love OCA! My son is in the second grade and has been at OCA since K-3. OCA is not like a school, it is like a family!

Posted September 21, 2009

Oconee Christian Academy is the greatest!! They have a love for the Lord and want to share that with the kids and help them grow in that!! They make all of us feel like one big family!! The money would really help our scholl in this economy. Thanks.

Posted September 16, 2009

Top notch education with small class size and Christian values. All teachers are heavily vested in their students. I could not ask for a better school for my child.

Posted March 27, 2008

I personly think this school is great for college education and with the small classes the students can really stay focused. Unlike public school the students get help when needed.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 23, 2007

As a former student, I have several thoughts on this school. It is a fact that the faculty are extremely kind and caring when it comes to the students, but this is about where it all stops. As far as acedemics go, I was not impressed at all with my year spent here. I was not challenged or pushed at all during that year. It has also come to my attention that despite being very near to a large public university, OCA had no association with the major university in question. Unfortunately, when I attended school here, I do not believe that Advanced Placement courses were offered to students. I feel that if you are searching for a 'great school' based primarily upon academics, continue your search.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 1, 2006

this is our son's 6th year at OCA and our daughter's 3rd year. Our children are greeted each day with the car door opened for the them to start their day followed by a warm hug and I love You's! Your child will love themselves as well as learn about Christ on a daily basis. My children have minimal study time at home, It's already learned at school! The reason we pay for someone else to teach our children! The teachers are wonderful and so very sincere. I would recommend this school for any family that would like to see their children grow and excel beyond expectations. When you take the first step into OCA you will feel the love of Christ right before your eyes. My children are both 'A' honor roll students. The work is challenging. If you do not understand it, just listen to your child!

Posted February 2, 2005

OCA is an awesome school that we are so very pleased with for our K5 child. It is our first year @ OCA. He is learning so much. The teachers are all so friendly and the Christian atmosphere is so warming. The school is clean, well kept, large classrooms. It is a safe environment as all doors are locked with camera in use. The Christian education my child is getting is A+++. We LOVE OCA !

Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• AACS
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (864) 882-7217

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious