PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our family has been transferred with my husband's job in the past, so our son has attended other schools - both public and private. I can honestly say this school is the best. The school administration is very welcoming and helpful making the transition easy. We were concerned about this school being too evangelical for us, but I can tell you that this is not the case. Every denomination is welcome here. The teachers are wonderful. They treat each child as an individual. There is no one size fits all approach to learning here. They are compassionate and kind. The teachers who work here WANT to be here. The are highly qualified, with some having their masters and doctorate degrees. The curriculum is challenging with a strong English, math and science program. Seniors can even earn college credits from a local university. The students are supportive and kind. I have never seen any bullying here, which speaks volumes about the school. OCA also has a great athletics program (They are even State Champs in Golf in 2016). I would highly recommend this school to everyone. This is the first positive review I've ever written about a school. The only thing I regret is that we didn't find OCA sooner!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I have never seen any bullying. No school is perfect, but this school is proactive in dealing with bullying.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The administration is amazing here. The principal, Dean Bare, is a great leader who has done wonders with the school. Everyone works together to ensure the success of the students and the school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty and hard work are expected from students.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

OCA uses Gradelink to track grades. Teachers are amazing here. They really do care about the students, and go out of their way to help them achieve success. Honesty and hard work are expected from students.

Compared to a public school and being a christian, OCA is the absolute best in regard to environment, teachers that care, educated degreed masters/doctrines, the students, all of them K-12 are loving supportive positive and the most normal well diversed kids ive seen especially being compared to todays society in public schools. Sports is a huge plus as all kids if chosen can be involved and are not limited to whats open but whats offered and available for their age group...all kids get chances to be a part of all activities if they choose...wether it be soccer, basketball, drama or to he in the praise band playing or singing their favorite christian tune...kids get a full chance of being a kid...too oftennin the public school they r weined out or get cut, making kids feel not as "good" or good enough to be involved. Life is full of expieiriences, the more a child has in a safe environment where all are loved by their peers, certainly makes for a great day at school...children blossom here, this is a place where a kid can he a confident kid in anything they choose!

The best choice for your child, A Christian education at OCA will help your child grow spiritually, academically, and culturally. In fact, the recent Cardus Education Survey and other education studies show that ACSI schools develop the whole child better than any other type of school. I have seen it first hand , my daughter transferred to OCA from public school as a freshmen and we are very pleased.

I am currently a rising senior at OCA I have been a student at this school since k-3. OCA is an amazing school that prepares you for any and every obstacle in this world biblically and academically. As I sit here and read the very few bad reviews and look at the dates written I laugh because I know exactly who wrote the bad reviews because of horrible things they did as a student or even as a family together. One review was written by a student who tried cheating on a final exam and had his family's help to make a cheat sheet. The math program at OCA is amazing as my brother attended the United States Naval Academy and said the math he took his freshman year at the Naval Academy was the same he took his senior year at OCA he was accepted to every college he applied to and even started tutoring people at the Naval Academy. I could not speak more highly of this school am I would highly recommend to anyone!!

As a parent of a very bright but sometimes challenging special needs child, we cannot speak more highly of our experience at this wonderful school. My daughter smokes her older cousins academically, who are in public schools around the country. she reads on a high school level, has the math skills of a middle schooler, and equally impressive science skills. In addition, her teachers and faculty love her for who she is, quirks and all. My daughter loves school and loves the Lord, in large part because of this top notch institution.

I am the parent of an elementary student. This is our 4th year at OCA and we plan to be long term. We are very involved & have viewed aspects of MS & HS and see no reason we won't be at OCA for the next 9 years! Very happy!

Last modified Oconee Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12