Simpsonville, SC

Mauldin Middle School 2

Posted August 14, 2013
Although this school is not the worst in the district, I am severly disappointed. It should be no more than a 7 star. We have had more bad or mediocre teachers than good, and one of the worst teachers I could imagine as well. By all means, avoid Mrs. Lee, she completely extinquished my son's enthusiasm for math in one year. Mrs. Gardner is also disappointing. There is too much focus on the band, and not enough on academics. Lastly, the communication at this school compared to other area middle schools is very poor. Think twice before sending your child here; I wish I had been aware of all the charter school options before we moved.

Posted March 17, 2010
My daughter is in 7th grade and we love Mauldin Middle School! The academics are strong, and the teachers really care. The extracurricular activities are excellent, from band to drama, and sports.

Posted September 17, 2009
My daughter just, started 6th grade and the transition from elementary has been great.

Posted May 19, 2009
I think to get the truth about the school you have to have the perspective of a student, like myself. I've gone to the school for one year so far, i'm in the sixth grade, and it's wonderful. If you're looking for a rich private school, then you need to look else where. But, if you're looking for a school whose teachers do more than teach, then you've found the right place. The teachers here have warm hearts and are probably more earning and educated than most teachers at other schools. They care, they can relate to your problems, and they absolutly love their students. The principle is warm hearted and very giving. the students here are intellegent and are just looking for an open door to success. I'm a student here and i've found my success. I have teachers that beleive in me, for once. I love this school!

Posted March 31, 2009
I dont have a straight A student nor an extra activities student ,but, i have a team of people who truly want my child too succeed not only in school but life itself. Thats the difference in MMS.

Posted March 06, 2009
I must say the this is a great school , my daughter had excel in this last 2 years, the principal y very kind and knowledgeable and the staff has been very supportive. The school itself is clean. Ihave no regrets in getting my child in this wonderful place

Posted February 24, 2009
MMS is a fantastic school. My oldest son is in his last year there and has had no problems what so ever. I recommend this school to children.

Posted February 17, 2009

Mauldin Middle School 3

Posted December 16, 2008
The principal will tell you MMS is a 'good school', but there seems to be little initiative to become a great school. There is inconsistency among grade level teacher-teams regarding academic rigor - some teachers dole out very little homework, other teams pile on project after project. The lack of technology use is embarrassing. Most 6th grade students had complete computer labs in elementary school with instruction by technology teachers. Now, their computer time is limited to standardized testing days. 'Keyboarding' is the only computer course offered, in 8th grade! Websites/pages are not updated. Some teachers post student handouts on the school district's 'Portal' so parents/students can access copies if needed, but most do not. With the exception of the outstanding band director! He makes sure every handout given to students is also available to parents either on a website or via his email loop.

Posted August 04, 2008

Mauldin Middle School
1190 Holland Rd, Simpsonville, SC  29681
Last modified Mauldin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mauldin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top