Simpsonville, SC
Students enrolled: 2,117

Posted April 30, 2014
This school is by far this worst high school I have ever seen. I will surely be taking my children out of the school. If you are considering this school unless its your last and only option steer clear from Hillcrest High School. A child's education is not their number one priority.

Posted February 05, 2014
They do not care about their students unless you are a teacher's kid, student council or member of the football team. I know from personal experience with one child on Student Council for 4 years and had a good experience. 2nd child comes through and a totally different experience. Administration is too caught up in "district policy" than to look at the student as a person. As a result they are diminishing slowly my childs next step to go to college. My child said to me one day. "This school must not want me to learn" because he was refused access to see his teacher before school for extra help. This had been prearranged with the parent.

Posted February 05, 2014
I went here all four years, it is true that if you are not involved in the right programs you will not have help when you need it. I caught on to that quick and became members in a lot of the programs. Teachers do not even try to control the classrooms because no one listens. You do not have as big of a problem with that if you are taking AP classes. There were many fights, gang violence and drug issues. We would be on lockdown for hours waiting for the drug dogs to make there run through the classrooms. I hear how amazing the school used to be years ago but that is not the case anymore. Graduating was the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am so thankful that I do not have to go there anymore.

Posted September 11, 2013
I went to Hillcrest for one year and never felt safe there once. Fights broke out everyday, students smoked and participated in sexual activitys and others threatened to bring guns and knifes. The school isn't safe, the teachers do not care and you are a fool to send your kid there. Whatever kind of disciplinary system they have seems to not exist. How can you learn with 30 people in a class room with you're sitting on the floor and the teacher is constantly yelling at other students? There's no money for books or desks, I went the entire semester without my history book and no one cared. Do you really want to go to school here?

Hillcrest High School 5

Posted July 24, 2009
I love this school, Im moving this year to another school, and I am very sad to leave. Sprit Week is amazing, and all the teachers are willing to help you in any way they can.

Hillcrest High School 4

Posted June 04, 2009
This school, so far, is the best school that I've ever been in; within the past 10 years.

Hillcrest High School 2

Posted February 25, 2008

Hillcrest High School 3

Posted September 09, 2003

Hillcrest High School
3665 South Industrial Dr, Simpsonville, SC  29681
Last modified Hillcrest High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillcrest High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top