Posted April 25, 2014
SES is the absolute best. The teachers, the staff and most of all the amazing principle make it such a wonderful learning environment.

Posted December 30, 2013
We love being a part of Summerville Elementary. Principal Dibble is amazing and so very kind and takes her time to speak with everyone that walks in the door. A few minor issues with a few teachers but overall an amazing staff. My girls love it there so that's truly what matters most.

Summerville Elementary School 3

Posted April 12, 2013
The first grade teachers are awesome , but the second grade teacher my son has doesn't listen to my son concerns and the principal never has time to talk about the situations going on with my child and his teacher...I plan to move just so he can get the best where communication is important. Also every time I call or come up there the office staff is very rude.

Summerville Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
My daughters got the very best beginning of their long, public education at Summerville Elem. The Principal was the best ever! He knew all the students' names - every one of them! It was amazing. He had a petting zoo on school grounds, and lots of animals and birds inside the building. The teachers were all excellent - caring, yet firm. I walked my girls to and from school every day, in the middle of the historic district, and the atmosphere was very nurturing - much like when I was a little girl, and I'mno 'Spring Chicken' anymore. My kids are in college and high school now!

Posted February 26, 2009
I honestly can't say enough about Dr. Sires and the staff at SES. They are hands down the best team around! They have been a major support for my son when it seemed he just couldn't cope and helped me find the much needed resources to get him through and learn better ways to work things out. Dr. Sires and the entire staff at SES are heros in my book. Thank You Team SES!

Posted August 27, 2008
This is the best school ever where children come first

Summerville Elementary School 4

Posted July 14, 2008

Posted August 29, 2007
This is my child first year at SES! She is in KD and is enjoying every minute of it. Comes home everything wanting to read, read and read. She talks all night about what she does in school and being able to go and see the animals. I am really impressed with the staff and the commitment the teachers and Dr. Sires have towards the kids. The involvemnt the parents play in the school is wonderfull as well.

Summerville Elementary School 4

Posted March 08, 2007
Dr Sires and the majority of the staff are fantastic. I have noticed a problem in communication among some of the teachers to the parents. Otherwise thsi school is really great.

Posted January 06, 2006
I researched this area and bought my house so that my children would go to this school. I have a son who went through their GATE program in which he learned so much. He is well above his grade level. I have another son who is very smart, but has ADHD and a conduct disorder. I cannot believe how much the faculty at this school has gone out of their way to help him. It has been slow, but there is noticeable improvement. My daughter is smart and probably on her way to GATE classes as well. My stepchildren, on the other hand, are on a more general track, and I do not feel they are pushed enough. I have 3 stepchildren in 3rd and 4th grade who cannot multiply and divide. I learned this in 2nd grade. Students here, overall, are very polite and open doors for you. Thanks SES!

Summerville Elementary School
835 South Main St, Summerville, SC  29483
Last modified Summerville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summerville Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top