Summerville, SC

Posted September 16, 2009
Dorchester county schools are awesome! great football. My son attends newington. He loves his school. I cant wait till he is old enough to play football!

Posted January 11, 2008
great school, poor parking and drop off route

Newington Elementary School 3

Posted July 19, 2005
This past school year was my daughter's 1st year in a public school setting. She had been attending private school and wanted the chance to go to a school where her neighborhood friends attended. Newington was an experience. Quite a different atmosphere than that of her old school. I will say that it took some time before she warmed up to the teachers and vice versa. Valid effort was made to make sure that the transition would be good for my baby. Newington has so much more to grow before I would consider them being 'Palmetto's Finest'.

Posted May 06, 2005
i would like to say that Newington is wonderful. My child has been here since K. He is now in the 5th grade and about to go to his next level of education. I would like to commend Mrs. Gunter & Mr. Pye, my son's has done so well this year. The school is wonderful . thank you Newington for my son's elementary education.

Posted January 05, 2005
Thank God for Newington Elementary! What a wonderful school! The leadership and teaching abilities of the staff members there are above and beyond what one could hope to find.

Posted November 27, 2004
Newington is a wonderful school for your children to attend. There is a warm feeling of acceptance and genuine concern for a child's well-being. Everyone there really loves each and every child and they all work hard to make sure the students know that. What a great school.

Posted August 18, 2004
My children have been attending Newington for 3 years. I enjoy that they really encourage parent involvement. At this time most of the staff and teachers know who I am on a first name basis. I believe that they are doing a wonderful job of shaping our future leaders. They have taken all my concerns seriously. They have done every thing in their power to help the my children from academic help to counseling. I hope that my children will attend Newington until the move to middle school.

Posted July 22, 2004
What a wonderful place to have your child! The 'family' environment is most appealing and the teachers and administrators are conccerned with putting the learners first. This school truly exemplifies what a 'Palmetto's Finest' school is all about!

Newington Elementary School 3

Posted July 08, 2004
The academic experience my child had while attending this school was not a favorable one. The teachers as well as the principal were more concerned w/ appearance(s)rather than the true needs of the students. More emphasis was placed on the children passing the statewide PACT test. Modern teaching methods should be implemented. Gone are the days of Grandma's 'old school' tactics. My feelings toward this school are one of anger and disgust at the faculty and staff of Newington. Please look at all schools before you make a decision of having these people shape and mold the young minds of your most precious gifts. I will say that one techer in particular was very caring and committed in having her students strive to meet the mark. Mrs. Cisar is a God send.

Posted May 18, 2004
This is a warm, welcoming school! Teachers, students, and administrators make up a big, happy family. For good reason, Newington has just been named a 'Carolina First Palmetto's Finest School!' Congratulations, Dolphins!

10 King Charles Circle, Summerville, SC  29485
Last modified Newington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newington Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top