Sumter Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 237 students

We are best known for Christian education.

Living in Sumter

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $112,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $600.

Sweep tile

Posted March 29, 2011

My son has the best high school faculty that any of my children have had throughout the many years I have parented teenagers. The preaching he receives during chapel services helps to support what he hears in church. His expereince on the basketball team this year was very positive, primarily because of the quality of the coach. I have no doubt that when it is time for my son to enter college, he will be well prepared for the challenge.

Posted March 29, 2011

I have two children who have attended Sumter Christian School since kindergarten. My oldest child is in high school, and my youngest child is in middle school. I have been very pleased with the education that my children have received. I am very grateful that my children have the opportunity to be educated in a Christ-centered environment. If your desire is for your children to receive a good education as well as a strong Biblical foundation, Sumter Christian School is the place for you.

Posted March 29, 2011

As a teacher, I have seen the heartbeat of this ministry and it's desire to reach young people for the Lord. There is love for others and God at this school and I am honored to be a part of this ministry.

Posted March 29, 2011

Both of my children have been at SCS for several years. I have been a teacher at SCS for the same amount of time. SCS and Sumter Bible Church has been a rock for our family. My children have learned the truth of salvation in Jesus, they have learned the importance of walking with Christ as their guide, and they receive a strong christian academic education. They have made many christian friends and have fully enjoyed each and every teacher they have had over the years. I also believe that the academic education that they are receiving here at SCS can not be competed with by any other school. Go Bears!!!

Posted March 29, 2011

I graduated from SCS, and had the best years of my life! I was able to play all the sports and develop my musical abilities and social skillls. With chapel speakers that preached God's Word with authority, godly teachers that really cared and prepared me for college, coaches that cared more about my spiritual condition than the game, and classmates that became life-long friends--what more could you ask for?

Posted December 20, 2010

Both of my children graduated from SCS and did very well in college. I highly recommend this school for academics and the emphasis on Christian values.

Posted April 12, 2010

Quaintness of the school can be an attractive turn on for parents. However, it turned out to be the exact opposite of what it is appeared to be. The majority of teachers are extremely partial in grading and disciplining certain students. This is very evident even with the so called 'dress code' they have. As far as the education that your child will receive has much to be desired. When moving my children into the 'public' school system my children were behind. Both my 6th grader and 8th grader tested behind in math and English. Displeased and Unsatisfied are only a couple of words I could say to describe this school.

Posted March 27, 2010

This school is becoming no better than a public school. Their faculty is uncaring for the concerns for students. The leaders of the school are extremely undesirable, they have become money and power hungry. As for the curriculum, there are no offers to be in more advanced classes. Overall, my happiness with this school is definately lacking. They do not have one ounce of Christianity left in this school.

Posted June 17, 2008

i dont like this school it is boring and it s selection of books in the library are scarce it looks more like a stall then a library the teachers are ok but the curriculumn stinks

Posted September 3, 2007

I am very displeased with this school. My son is currently enrolled there and has had some behavior problems. It has become evident to me that he has ADHD and since we are military I have to wait for a referal from the insurance to take him to get tested. He's only been in two weeks and the teacher has already given up on him and admitted that she did not have the qualifications to help my son. The demeanor has changed for the negative towards my son which is why he is being pulled out immediately. There are no other teachers to change him to if I did want him to stay. I feel that this school is failing my child and he is academically behind and they have given me no options to have him tutored but they are listed under the SES website.

Posted May 9, 2006

My children have been enrolled in Sumter Christian School for several years, and I am pleased with the overall outcome of their attendance, there. The quality of education is exceptional, and the teachers genuinly care for the wellbeing of the children.

Posted October 31, 2005

My son is in the 3K program at this school. While he is excelling in number and letter recognition, letter sounds, counting and all the academics for his age, the most noticeable thing is in his character. My child is doing well in scripture memorization, recites bible stories, songs, pledges to the American and Christian flag, the Bible, and the character lessons he learns are worth every dime. His teachers are very well experienced, one being an Awanas missionary. They convey thier love for the Lord in every aspect of the children's day. I am so blessed to have my son in this class.

Posted May 2, 2005

My step-daughter attended this school from 4K until 5th grade. I was very disappointed with curriculum. The teachers must attend the church to be employeed and therefore leaves the teacher selection lacking. Every year that my step-daughter attended this school, the class size got smaller and smaller. Luckily, her mother sent her to another private school this year that can offer more college prep courses. The dress code is unfair - allowing boys to dress much more casual than the girls...and the overall quality of this school is not one that I would recommend.

Posted April 3, 2005

I am disappointed with the dress code (for the girls) not being followed. If you are looking for a mostly Christian enviroment for your children do not look here. It seems to me the majority of the children (including their parents) are not there to learn about the Lord, this makes it very difficult for the children whom do believe. The math is not the highest level unfortunately.

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation Pensacola Christian College
Bob Jones University
USC Sumter
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Special education / special needs

College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • College presentations or information sessions
  • SAT/ACT prep classes
  • School-sponsored trips to college campuses

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Ron Davis
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Music
  • Band
  • Instrumental music lessons

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook