Sumter, SC

Posted May 25, 2014
Our middle school daughter has attended Wilson Hall since the first grade. We have been extremely pleased with her education and are amazed by her growth and progress. As a new family, to not only the school but to the town of Sumter six years ago, we were welcomed into the Wilson Hall Family with open arms. As clich 'as it sounds, Wilson Hall truly is a family. It is a family comprised of dedicated students, parents, teachers, administrators and staff working together, and it is amazing to see what this small school can accomplish! Watching how hard these students work toward a goal, whether it is in academics, the performing arts, or in sports, is inspiring! At Wilson Hall the students are learning so much more than just a college preparatory curriculum, they are learning how to be respectful, responsible, goal oriented young adults who will make future contributions to society - preparation for life beyond campus. I highly recommend visiting Wilson Hall if you are looking for a quality education in a safe, friendly environment

Posted May 22, 2014
We are a military family and choosing the right school is our top priority when we have to relocate. After researching the local high schools in the Sumter area Wilson Hall surpassed them all. Wilson hall offers a phenomenal and challenging college preparatory curriculum. There is an honor code which reflects the safe and friendly learning environment. Teacher to student ratio allows the teacher time to dedicate to individual student needs. The latest in technology such as LCD projectors, computers, smart-boards, Ipads etc.., are used to enhance the learning experience. This year Wilson hall had two National Merit Finalists. They are the only two in this area. Also this year 96% of the graduates received $4.4 million in scholarships. A variety of music, dram, art, and extracurricular activities are offered. This year Wilson Hall has won eight SCISA Championships in football, girls bowling, baseball, softball, chess, drama, debate, and literary meet. No school in this area can compare to the excellence here at Wilson Hall. I would highly recommend any military family coming to the area to explore Wilson Hall as an option for your child. I'm sure you will chose Wilson Hall.

Posted May 20, 2014
I have been exceptionally pleased with my son's education at Wilson Hall. The school stresses traditional educational values in a friendly environment with small classes and no discipline problems. With an average of 15-20 students in a high school classroom, the teachers can individualize lessons in ways that would be impossible in a larger setting. Although every classroom is equipped with smart boards, LCD projectors, wifi, etc., the school remains focused on skills such as reading, math, science, critical thinking, and problem solving. The technology supports the education instead of substituting for it. WH graduates have the highest GPA of all SC high schools that sent students to USC. The AP classes are taught to national standards, not local ones like the community "college classes" offered at some area schools. There are a wide variety of art, music, drama, and language classes and many athletic opportunities. Recent and current graduates are attending: West Point, UVA, Duke, UNC, Vanderbilt, Univ of Chicago, Carnegie Mellon, NC State, and Purdue, to name a few. This year the school had two National Merit finalists - the only ones in the area.

Wilson Hall School 1

Posted May 13, 2014
Academics are the very last thing this school considers important. For example, 30 yr old text books, ABSOLUTELY no technology (and no interest in it), and NO professional development are completely accepted at this overblown school. If you are interested in indoctrinating your children in a system based mediocrity and appearances only (i.e. the "right clothes," hairstyles, etc., this is the school for your children. We moved here (military family) two years ago having lived all over the world, and we can most accurately state that this is the MOST BACKWARDS SCHOOL our children have ever attended - hands down.

Posted November 20, 2013
When I was looking for schools for my children, Wilson Hall immediately caught my attention. I grew up in Sumter and had heard all of the stereotypes about the Wilson Hall student. All it took to break that image was one stroll through the hallways. The environment was welcoming, comfortable, and family-like. After a quick glance at the flyers, art, and student work on the walls, it was easy to see that Wilson Hall builds its prestigious reputation not only on a challenging academic curriculum, but also on its ability to cater to any student's strengths. Wilson Hall's extra curricular clubs and activities have expanded exponentially since I've been sending my children. From art, to drama, to sports, to Legos, Wilson Hall has provided a safe, encouraging environment where both of my children have grown to love learning and being a Baron!

Posted October 23, 2013
I have 2 children who have graduated Wilson Hall. I have one who is a sophmore this year. I can assure you that they not only have , and are, recieving an excellent education, their overall high school experience has been nothing short of outstanding. The administration and faculty are second to none and they have excellent extra-curricular activities. Their athletic teams are quite competitive and have won many state championships. The curriculum is demanding and all who attend are expected to be accepted into a four year college or university. The campus has great facilities and the tuition is very reasonable. One visit to the campus will verify what i have stated above.

Posted October 17, 2013
We have been very pleased with Wilson Hall for our daughter. We are a military family, and it is somewhat challenging to find a new school with each move that meets our expectations, yet Wilson Hall has done this. They made sure that we were well aquainted with the school through tours, counselor meetings, and having a mentor family before school started, which helped with the anxiety of starting at a new place. I know that she is well prepared to head off to college thanks to the teachers, counselors, and staff who truly do support the school and the children. Also, the class sizes are very manageable so the teacher is able to give each student the attention they need. I would definetly recommend Wilson Hall!

Posted October 03, 2013
It is hard to imagine a better environment for students of all ages. The teachers are hands on and encourage involvement from the parents who particpate in amazing numbers. There is no school in the area, private or public, that can be objectively compared.

Posted September 29, 2013
I have a middle and high school student at Wilson Hall. They started Wilson Hall in K-4. I have been very pleased with the school's rigorous academic curriculum. My children are not straight "A" students, but Wilson Hall has challenged them to do their very best. Wilson Hall is preparing them for college, which is the reason I chose to send them to this school. Over the years, I have realized there is more than academics at Wilson Hall. Wilson Hall also enriches them in ethics, family values and spiritual values. Wilson Hall has become the "village" that is helping me to raise my children. Wilson Hall also has a great fine arts program and athletic program. I have framed and hung art and attended drama and chorus productions, with a great smile.(I never knew they could be so talented, because my husband and I are not talented in the arts.) Wilson Hall's athletic program is also superior. My boys enjoy sports and it is also healthy for the brain. Lastly, the teachers and faculty want your child to succeed. The headmaster, Mr. Moulton, knows every child in the school. Wilson Hall is truly a family oriented school that will prepare your child for college and life.

Posted September 18, 2013
My children came to Wilson Hall in the sixth and ninth grades. As with any transition, there are concerns if your children will be welcomed, happy, and productive. With one child now a freshman in college and the other a Wilson Hall sophomore, we realize that our decision was the best we have ever made for our children. Wilson Hall is a family, an extended family of students, faculty, staff, and parents that not only welcomed our children during the middle of their education but also nurtured them well beyond our expectations. Our children have increased in knowledge and stature, but most importantly have grown ethically and morally with a sense of passion and purpose that is an emulation of this wonderful school community.

Wilson Hall School