Bad
Good

Very parent involved. Great teachers and staff. Excellent communication between parents and teachers. Lots of great volunteer opportunities whether working or stay at home parent.

My grandchild goes too Taylors, you could not ask for a better school he has learned so much, and the teachers are great and so helpful with kids and the parents.You know you have got a good school when your child cant wait to get their. Thanks again Taylors for everything and playing a big part in his life.

The administration is completely terrible. They have changed principals and it is still a nightmare. Don't even me get started about the car line. You sit there for no less than 30 minutes EVERY day because the administration cannot come up with a system that works. They even withhold you child for 20 minutes after school if they are a walker. Completely ignorant all the way around. The teachers seem to be the only decent thing about this school. The entire administration needs to go, though. I would NOT suggest this school at all. I am even moving my son to another school because of the lack of professionalism of the school. The PTA and entire attitude of the school is a good-ole-boy atmosphere. Very clique oriented as others have stated. Rediculous. Two thumbs down...

Rude, controlling inefficent.---Sick, went to pick up kid from school. Was not allowed access for 15 min. Early dismissals not allowed without a faxed letter. Where are the parental rights????

We moved from a really bad school district in Pittsburgh PA. My daughter is dyslexic and I thought I would be up for the same fight. The staff was wonderful! They have worked with her closely to make sure she stays caught up with the rest of the class. They have also used Orton Gillingham methods to teach my non dyslexic son. This school has been a blessing

I have dealt with teachers principal and staff on many occasions to only be more than impressed with the lengths they were willing to go to, to be sure that my child was of most importance. The staff from teacher, nurse, office and even janitor are very kind and seem to love what they do and put their heart into it. Indont feel like my children or even myself to be a number there, they treat us like they care!

I believe the staff from the office workers to the teachers to the principle give 100%. They work hard to give each and every child the best education they can get. The student curriculum is advanced. They teach children not only to learn but to love, respect, care, and have confidence. I believe Taylors Elem. is one of the best schools in the US. I am very proud my daughter is attending Taylors and would not want her anywhere else!

I am a parent of two children that attend Taylors Elementary, and I am not pleased with this school at all. The admonistration is unprofessional, and do not help to solve problems. Both principals do not follow up on what they say they will do. It is very frustrating as a parent to have a problem with how the work is being presented, and talking to the teacher gets you zero results. Then you go to administration, and they also do nothing after they tell you that they will help resolve the issues. This school is not friendly, nor warm. The PTA is ran like a clique, and parents that dont fit in the box are made to feel unwelcome. I would advise anyone before going to this school please recomsider.

I have been involved as a parent at Taylors for the last 10 years. My children both attended 6 years there. The principal Vaughan Overman, is the most dedicated administrator! She holds the faculty and staff to the highest standards; but doesn't expect more than she gives and does herself. Taylors Elementary School provides a warm and nurturing environment, while continually challenging both students and teachers to strive to learn more, enjoy learning and to become responsible, and successful community members! Single gender classrooms have been extremely successful. Parents are not required to participate in this program. Related arts classes are always co-ed, and there is plenty of social opportunities for the students. The statistics have proven that the single gender classrooms have all but eliminated behavior problems, and test scores have greatly improved. Taylors TopCats are the BEST!!!

i have always loved this school, my older brothers and sisters went there, me and my twin brother went there and so did my little sister. Now that i'm all grown up and on my own my son is now attending taylors, and he is learning so fast even though i am in the military they are teaching him the skills he needs, and as a single mother in the military that is something you can really appreciate.

Last modified Taylors Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.